Wingard

Discussion in 'AFL' started by anthak, Feb 26, 2014.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

May not be new news, but just wanted to mention Hinkley said on twitter this morning that Wingard will get more midfield time this season than he has in the past.

Do you folks think that will improve his scores even more? He had a pretty exceptional season last year for the stage he's at in his career.

2. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

I think Wingard was the third selection I made to my team this year. Beat the 2nd year curse last year, a real rarity. 18 games a first year player, played all 22 last year (one of my key criteria is a record of 20 to 22games per season). M/F position makes him a lock in the FWD line for me. More midfield time is a certainty IMHO, he can only get better and score better. A fine product of the (Murray Bridge) Rambler Football club. (I played with his dad, who was a gun in country SA, whereas I just sucked big time :) ) My 2 cents, YMMV Cheers, Bill

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Wingard is currently sitting in my team at F2. Love the way the kid plays, and this midfield tip off (thanks anthak) is just more a reason to pick him, especially as he is OOP. Scored 78SC after being subbed on in the second quarter against the Bombers. Enough said.

4. DC

DC Member

Currently in my team too.

5. whips

whips New Member

Yep. F2 for me. He's a jet. Thanks for the midfield update anthak.

6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Nick wrote:
    Wingard is currently sitting in my team at F2. Love the way the kid plays, and this midfield tip off (thanks anthak) is just more a reason to pick him, especially as he is OOP. Scored 78SC after being subbed on in the second quarter against the Bombers. Enough said. And that was pretty late in 2nd quarter too. Was always on the cards for him to spend more time in guts this season, but will also be important to Port's structures playing half forward too - actually selected him before Dangermouse tbh!!!