Midpriced (and sub premium) madness

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jp, Feb 11, 2014.

1. princeofmugs

princeofmugs Moderator

D Swallow has been in and out of my backline a number of times already. I can't help feeling that even if he does play mid, he isn't really likely to more than a $450k type player anyway, so I don't feel like I'm really missing a trick leaving him out. I feel like Suckling is likely to perform as well for $110K less. Happy to regret that later. Zorko has been in my forward line before - I'm pretty sure he will improve after his 2nd year blues, but I'm not convinced he's going to be one of the top 10 FWDs for 2014 so I've ditched him. Currently I have upgraded him to Wingard, but he's been a little bit 'meh' in practice matches and I'm losing my confidence... Bernie Vince is still on my radar. I know it's only the NAB.. but he just seems a better player at Melbourne..

2. Dutchy

Dutchy Guest

I am leaning towards going with some mid-pricers this year... Always been thoroughly against it, but there's the two obvious ones in Sandi and Daisy, but I've got my eye on a few others. Any thoughts on Mitchell, Bugg and Rhys Palmer?? Mitchell is the safest of the three but hes already at 467k, but he has a ball magnet through juniors, and in the reserve comp up in Sydney, hes bigger frame is good to go at 20yoin this contested maul type footy we're seeing. Bugg is the cheapest at 300k and I'd think the biggest risk, but it appears to me as though he is gonna be the link/go to guy out of defence and a bit through the middle this year, def can find the footy, and there aint the best selection of cheap or premium defenders to be honest. And Lastly Rhys Palmer, who can't really hit targets by foot admittedly, but was a high possession, goal scoring midfielder through juniors, and first season with fremantle for that matter. Apparently has had a big pre season so good be another option at 350k Any merit to any of these guys, or am I just dreaming?!

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Personally I reckon you're dreaming with Palmer and Bugg, not enough upside for mine to warrant a mid price selection. Titch on the other hand I think could push into top 10 forwards for this year as he will run through the guts quite a lot.