Ruck discussion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Worms, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Worms

Worms New Member

who you going as no 1. ruck. completely stuck here swapping it around every hour. not convinced on mins and goldy. looking more toward pyke or lobbe. thoughts and suggestions around this topic

2. Dutchy

Dutchy Guest

Thinking Sandi surely gotta be a lock.. Then take your pick on your instincts, Pyke? Cox? Nat? They'd do me..

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Extremely tough choice this year. All choices except Sandi have risks. Lobbe was a popular choice but has had a lacklustre pre-season. Cox is always a safe bet if you're willing to shell out the coin. Other than those two I'm not sure I like any options.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Minson, unquestionably, have a look at the bulldogs draw.

5. Bomber boy

Bomber boy Guest

I've gone Pyke. Picking him as top four ruckman this year if not better. He'll carry most of the load and was second in the league for contested marks last year sharing duties with Mumford. Only 466k and dont think Sydney can bank on their other ruckmen this year. Handcuff him with Derickx or Nankervis on the bench depending on who is named and to me you cant go wrong.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I've gone Ryder. His pre season scoring without Bellchambers has been very good. It's a punt but without much around I'm hoping a safe one. Gone off Lobbe now that Renouf is in the mix (even if he's not named). Lobbe also had a very underwhelming preseason.

7. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I've gone Goldy/Sandi with Derickx/Thurlow, but looking like neither of Thurlow/Derickx will get a start. Who is everyone going as R3? R4 is acceptable to not have playing, but thinking I'd like a little bit of emergency cover in my R3. ATM thinking currie.

8. jp

jp Active Member

yeah I'm dropping D-X, taking a punt that either Daw or Currie will be named. Holding thurlow for now...... :/

9. traviso

traviso Active Member

Cam Wood worth a shot on the bench? Will Mick play him regularly enough? Kruezer always manages to injure himself. Then thinking about Luey, McEvoy or Pyke.

10. traviso

traviso Active Member

Actually i see Wood didn't make the bench so i guess he's only in if Kruezer and/or Warnock get injured.

11. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I've just read that Thurlow probably wont play, so if he can't get a game with Bellchambers injured, his JS really is pretty low. I currently have him and Currie at R3/R4. Is there anyone else out there that might get games?

12. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

TopHeavy wrote:
    I've just read that Thurlow probably wont play, so if he can't get a game with Bellchambers injured, his JS really is pretty low. I currently have him and Currie at R3/R4. Is there anyone else out there that might get games? Yes, Tom Derickx. Since the Swans are going solo with Pyke until Tippet comes back from injury, Derickx might sneak a few games. But Tippett is only 3-4 weeks away according to the AFL injury list. So I don't know his prospects after that. Max King from the Dees is another outside chance too, played a bit of NAB and the Dees are short on fit talls at the moment.

13. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Thanks H_Dons, i'll keep an eye out for King. One thing is for sure, his price is right!

14. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Brad Scott has been talking up Dan Currie as his 3rd tall forward. Majak is coming back from injury and is a little ways off the pace. Scott even said Currie can help Goldstein in the ruck. This sounds great for Currie, not so much for Goldy who doesn't share points well with others.

15. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Jeez, this split R1 is killing me. Now Thurlow not going to get a run, already have a definite 'non playing' R4 for the loop hole, don't need another one in Thurlow...... Hopefully Currie gets a run, but his JS has got to be crap too with Majak in the wings. Otherwise it looks very slim pickings for R3. I originally had Wood in as R3, but took him out. Now a bit stuck to be honest.

16. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I'm considering restructuring and going with Hickey/Longer as R3. Or I need to bring in a R/F into my fwds for cover, but none I really like.

17. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

warsaken wrote:
    I'm considering restructuring and going with Hickey/Longer as R3. Or I need to bring in a R/F into my fwds for cover, but none I really like. I think Longer left the last practise game early with an injury? This was from a report on the Hun (I think) website, so take it as written, but Hickey would seem to be in front at this stage.

18. cavalah

cavalah New Member

What does everyone think about Jacobs? Can he get back to his best? I traded him in for McEvoy so I can free up some cash to get KK in to bank on Landgons score, re-thinking about this trade, I've think I really have made a mess here!

19. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

I went with Jacobs over McEvoy. Both durable, Jacobs close to being lone ruckman, I decided that Roughy and Hale might steal some points from Macca. I still can't decide what to do with R3 tho. arrrrrgggggghhhhh. :)

20. cavalah

cavalah New Member

bjaensch wrote:
    I went with Jacobs over McEvoy. Both durable, Jacobs close to being lone ruckman, I decided that Roughy and Hale might steal some points from Macca. I still can't decide what to do with R3 tho. arrrrrgggggghhhhh. :) I hope for both of our sake Jacobs will get back to his old self, I currently have Derickx at the moment (Can't change him now) and Thurlow as R4, I might change him for Currie, I can see Currie have more chance of playing then Derickx, I can't see Derickx playing more than 4 or 5 games this year, might just keep him for the VC + C loophole, no use burning a trade now!