Round 1 - the hits and the misses

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jp, Mar 16, 2014.

1. jp

jp Active Member

It finally arrived. Footy is back! And just as importantly supercoach is back. After all the planning and heartache of putting my team together its been great to watch the games this weekend. As they say, everything looks easy in hindsight. Thought I'd get a little discussion going to see where you're good choice have paid off and where some have left you shaking your head. Over all I've done pretty well Hits: - Langdon and laidlier on the field! - dropping Rohan and Dixon - not picking buddy! I was seriously considering it as a POD Misses: - the Pav a late entry in my team... hopefully he will improve - Not getting on T-Mitch! Lets hope the rest of the round sees me with more hits and less regrets. How did you all get on so far? Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, 'It might have been.”

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Langdon looked great ]Swallow looked sublime Laidler started slow (13SC to half time) but finished amazingly well Cunningham started fast (53SC to half time) but faded - still did enough though Glad I ditched Walters

3. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Hits Tommy Mitchell. Hopefully not too many have him! One of my first picked Fyfe - First picked after perma. Reckon he'll get the 3 votes off about 65% game time Laidler - Poor Alex Johnson going down, bad luck for him. Great for anyone with Laidler in SC Langdon - On my bench, just have to hope that McDonald doesn't play. Not worth shifting my whole team around to get those 50-60points. Sandi - Just do that 5-6 more times in a row then I don't care what happens after that. Misses Swallow - Wish I didn't swap him for Hurn at the last minute. Oh well, could be a POD with any luck. McVeigh - Last minute inclusion over Hanley, should be okay in the long run Pavlich - Crosses fingers and looks to round 2 Rohan - Only slightly disappointed as he won't score much higher than that. But if he's on your bench he's perfect. McDonough - Know absolutely nothing about him but needed to cut a prem from my forward line to strengthen other areas. Hopefully he gets a few more games.

4. Dutchy

Dutchy Guest

Good Langdon and Laidler on the field was handy. Bad Did do a last minute which I think ill still be happy with, but had Treloar (144)and Wright, swapped for Priddis and Higgins, think it gave me a little cash to change something else as well. Still not 100% sure on priddis as my POD but anyway, trust the gut 1444 from 12 and C so far..

5. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Hits Last second get of Pyke Swallow Ablett, Pendles, Beams TMitch Misses Putting Pyke on the bench for a VC loophole only to forget to put the emergency on him. D'oh! McVeigh Franklin Not having Langdon unlike so many of you above

6. LOZWILDA

LOZWILDA New Member

HITS Ablett, Pendles, TMitchell, Langdon, Laidler, Swallow MISSES DThomas, BEllis, Griffiths, But all still will make me money in the long term. 1451 with 13 and C

7. Crafty Yarni

Crafty Yarni Active Member

I guess the only hit outside of the obvious beams,ablett, langon and sansi was........Deledio. 558k 136points. i traded pendles out for deledio ans so far that plan is working - the 130k now sits in the bank for shopping in the next two rounds. im 1259/11 with (c)

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Good start so far, with Titch's 93 my lowest score. HITS - Langdon in my team - Midfield/Forward brigade of Dusty/Titch/Wingard all tonning (or almost!) it up - POD in Kade Simpson opens with a ton - Laidler's 95 from nowhere MISSES -Langdon on the bench! - Upgrading Swallow day before lock out to K Simpson. Simpson still scored ok but Swallow looked great. Had him in all season! Will wait a week and see how Suckers does before correctional trading.

9. jp

jp Active Member

Really looking forward seeing all the Higgins posts in this thread next week :) One way or the other it'll be pretty funny.

10. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Nice job, Nick. I finished up going with Gaz,Pendles,Barlow and Beams with Langdon on the pine.Took your advice and left out the KPF's and went with Danger,Dusty,Wingard and Parker. My main negative was dropping Swallow for Hurn, which may still turn into a positive hopefully. And I got rid of Lobbe for Sauce. Doing OK I reckon.

11. cavalah

cavalah New Member

Good: 8/9 players tonning up Bad: Having McDonough on field 1281 from 9 players - Captain Played

12. jp

jp Active Member

miss: Having Duckwood locked in my team since first selection, only to have a late change to Jobe..... could still turn out well?