Correction Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by JPK, Mar 31, 2014.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Everyone's got it on their minds right now, so lets have a little discussion - correction trades! I've currently got Viv Michie in my team, but eyeing off a trade to Dom Tyson. Tyson is only $44,200 more (I've got $79k in the bank), is averaging more, and is projected to make much more cash over the next few weeks. Is there any possible reason this would be a bad trade? According to the stats page Tyson is top 5 in both BE and 3-week projection, and I've got pretty-much everyone else near the top (except Matt Thomas, who I can't afford).

2. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

I'm a big fan of Tyson and can't see any reason why this would be a bad trade. My issue is up forward. Currently struggling with Rohan, Impy and JKH. $200K in the bank. I'm thinking taking a punt on Steven May from GWS. Average 110 in the first two rounds against Pavlich and Vickery and projected to rise by $62K. it's a big risk at $310K but I can't see too many other options. Anybody else in this dilemma have any other solutions?

3. stowie

stowie Moderator

JPK wrote:
    Everyone's got it on their minds right now, so lets have a little discussion - correction trades! I've currently got Viv Michie in my team, but eyeing off a trade to Dom Tyson. Tyson is only $44,200 more (I've got $79k in the bank), is averaging more, and is projected to make much more cash over the next few weeks. Is there any possible reason this would be a bad trade? According to the stats page Tyson is top 5 in both BE and 3-week projection, and I've got pretty-much everyone else near the top (except Matt Thomas, who I can't afford). I like it, looking to get Tyson in for Laidler myself. Albertonflyers wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Tyson and can't see any reason why this would be a bad trade. My issue is up forward. Currently struggling with Rohan, Impy and JKH. $200K in the bank. I'm thinking taking a punt on Steven May from GWS. Average 110 in the first two rounds against Pavlich and Vickery and projected to rise by $62K. it's a big risk at $310K but I can't see too many other options. Anybody else in this dilemma have any other solutions? Lewis Taylor or Patrick Ambrose better as cheapies? No idea if May can keep this up.

4. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

I would reckon Tyson is going to produce well all season, get him in if you can!

What do people think about Charlie Dixon, will he come good or is it worth moving him for a premium? Had some $$ in reserve in case Daisy went bust so I could upgrade easily...

5. cavalah

cavalah New Member

JPK wrote:
    Everyone's got it on their minds right now, so lets have a little discussion - correction trades! I've currently got Viv Michie in my team, but eyeing off a trade to Dom Tyson. Tyson is only $44,200 more (I've got $79k in the bank), is averaging more, and is projected to make much more cash over the next few weeks. Is there any possible reason this would be a bad trade? According to the stats page Tyson is top 5 in both BE and 3-week projection, and I've got pretty-much everyone else near the top (except Matt Thomas, who I can't afford). Definitely get Dom Tyson in, I can see him probably averaging 95+ this year. Anyone got any news about Mitchell, Enright or Webster? Is everyone trading out Gunston or McDonuts? Because I had Impley and JKH, they are not looking they are going to score well!

6. DC

DC Member

Good trade.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yep Tyson is on the radar. One of those 'had him in my team until the last minute' type of guys. Annoying. Copped plenty of bullets last week (Enright, Ryder, Mitchell) and am forced to do injury rather than correctional. Need to bring in Swallow, most likely for Enright, injury pending. This will free up money for me to go Michie>Tyson, or Ryder > Mumford, depending on teams. Most likely my hand will be forced and I'll have to go Ryder>Mumford and miss the Tyson express. Thoughts?

8. bsin32

bsin32 Guest

I don't think Dixon will score as well as last year. I'd strongly consider trading him. I'm seriously considering trading out cotchin for m Thomas to free up some cash to fix my forward line. Is this crazy?

9. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Wouldn't trade Cotch. He'll come good and can go large. Dixon was my safety for Sandi but cut him loose for Zorko this week. Beware of Thomas, he's done this at PA only to drop off.

10. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I'm still deciding on what I want to do, and will also probably have to wait and see what happens with Sam Mitchell. I don't have Tyson, and only have $10k in the bank. If Mitchell plays. Out: Mitchel In: Hanely Out: Michie In: Tyson If Mitchell doesn't play Out: McDonough In: Taylor or Ambrose Out: Michie In: Tyson I would prefer Mitchell play, and I can turf out McDonough, not sure if he is worth keeping on, unless someone can convince me otherwise. Do you guys think it's worth getting rid of Michie to make room for Tyson? It seems like it at this stage. I also would love to make room for Zorko. He was in my side for a lot of the pre-season and I got cold feet and went Wingard instead. But I should probably let that one go, and not much I can do with 10k in the bank.

11. traviso

traviso Active Member

You've kept Mitchell one week you might as well keep him another if he still doesn't come up this week unless his injury has a further setback I'd go Ambrose over Taylor he looks to have a little more job security. He needs goals to score though. Taylor was sub first week Don't think you can go wrong with Tyson to Michie, i'd like to get rid of Michie myself.