2014 MSD Trade Period - Auctions

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, May 5, 2014.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

chels wrote:
    Eminently sensible suggestions Fitzy, well thought out. Thanks mate, and exactly Chris. So as long as no deal is accepted and others are given an opportunity to beat it, then it is alright to message privatly, then post here. I repeat, as long as others are given a fair opportunity to beat the offer. :) This isn't official until TiB confirms but I can't see a reason not to follow it until he gives the final verdict!

2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Len wrote:
    The Misfits have elected to place their #1 2015 PSD pick up for auction. /Portals/0/Users/168/92/7592/1379638021_shit-just-got-real.jpg' style='width: 550px; height: 382px;

3. graeme

graeme Guest

Chris, my bid for Trent McKenzie is Stewart Crameri (2014 average year to date of 77 - virtually the same as McKenzie) and my fourth round MSD pick (#69).

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Well lookee here... Chris, which bid is currently in front for Mackenzie?

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Hey Ant - how's things?

I've only just caught up with the thread .... geez, I don't know to be honest.

At the moment it is 50/50 that I'd use the fourth round pick that Chels is kindly putting into the deal, as I'm debating whether to delist 2 players in addition to the McKenzie trade or just one (or another might be traded, I don't know).

At the moment it is Pick 5 vs Stewie Crameri ... I am seriously unsure. Pick 5 in the MSD would nab me a good player, but would that player fill a need (ie - a forward)? There are never any assurances because there are 4 people picking before me.

Right now I'd have to say they are very close. I'll think about it while I'm subbing some articles here at work and probably post some more thoughts later this morning.

Of course Ant, you could trump everyone if you wished!!

6. G-Train

G-Train Member

I submit a second bid of Pick 5 MSD 2014 and also will send your Round 2 MSD back to you (that you traded to me last trade period).

7. chris88

I would say Mr Prap has his nose in front at the moment.

8. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Len wrote:
    The Misfits have elected to place their #1 2015 PSD pick up for auction. The Vultures would like to bid E.Yeo, M.Weller and our 3rd round PSD pick for the Misfits first round PSD pick and 4th round PSD pick. If you like I can include fruit tingles and/or Cameron Wood.

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Fitzy wrote:
    Len wrote:
    The Misfits have elected to place their #1 2015 PSD pick up for auction. The Vultures would like to bid E.Yeo, M.Weller and our 3rd round PSD pick for the Misfits first round PSD pick and 4th round PSD pick. If you like I can include fruit tingles and/or Cameron Wood. I prefer Smarties where possible, and I prefer to avoid playing with Wood unless accompanied by another adult, sadly being an ORFFA coach is a solo role ;)

10. G-Train

G-Train Member

I am going to place Heritier Lumumba on the auction block. Looking for a player, and not a pick. Open to a mid, fwd, back or ruck, but would prefer someone 23 and under in age. He is Mid/forward with an average of 85, was up around 100 til the last two stinkers. Averaged 88 last season.

11. chris88

So tempted to just completely throw everything off kilter by offering McKenzie for Lumumba ...

12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Fitzy wrote:
    chels wrote:
    Eminently sensible suggestions Fitzy, well thought out. Thanks mate, and exactly Chris. So as long as no deal is accepted and others are given an opportunity to beat it, then it is alright to message privatly, then post here. I repeat, as long as others are given a fair opportunity to beat the offer. :) This isn't official until TiB confirms but I can't see a reason not to follow it until he gives the final verdict! Eminently sensible Fitzy, with a nice dash of fair play. Clearly bama does not have time to devote to the Trade Commish job (which is fair enough), so consider yourself it Fitzy. Know you will do us proud and am confident your feet on the ground attitude will be good balance for the philosophical approach favoured by our slightly more esoteric kiwi friend.

13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I have been teased by both McKenzie and Harry O in SC. McKenzie promises so much, Harry plays with such flair off half back. McKenzie still with youth on his side in a team that is growing fast. Is KK pinching some of the pie? Both are very tempting for anyone looking to strengthen their backline (like me) and I think validate our use of the auction approach. Just wish I had something juicy enough to offer.

14. G-Train

G-Train Member

TiB... no offence will be taken for a perceived low bid.

15. grav

grav Guest

Second bid for McKenzie, MSD pick #6 and Gary Rohan

16. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I am inclined to accept Praps offer of L Keefe for A Miles. Please let me know P if you are happy to proceed.

17. chris88

melbandy wrote:
    I am inclined to accept Praps offer of L Keefe for A Miles. Please let me know P if you are happy to proceed.

If that's the case, I won't increase my bid - that's not right, despite the fact Mr Miles interests me no end.

Bravo Prap!

18. graeme

graeme Guest

There having been no other interest expressed Andy and chels have agreed that George Burbury will leave the Waikicks and join Nunawading while Jarryn Geary will leave Nunawading and join the Waikicks. I have been reflecting on this. Geary (and indirectly Burbury) was up for auction, there was no bid for Jarryn other than mine. I emailed Andy and said let's do the deal. I now think that was pre-emptive and that there is a need for a statement that the reserve has been met and that unless there is a competing bid within 24 hours then the deal is final. I might be being overly defensive or pedantic about this 'trade.' But, I am firm in my view that an auction should be open and transparent. Had I been waiting for a 'reserve met' notice before making a bid I would aggrieved that I had been gazumped by a private agreement outside the auction and I would have squealed. I am uncomfortable about acting in what might be seen as a hypocritical manner.
    Over to the rest of the Association to see how this pans out. Please note that the clock started ticking at 0630 hours AEST on May the seventh 2014.

19. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hhmm............Trent McKenzie huh. Not sure if this is can actually be done, ie......offer something for something not exactly offered, but I will try: I will offer the coveted #1 MSD pick + my 4th Rd MSDfor Trent + your first twodraft picksin this MSD.

20. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

chris88 wrote:
    Hey Ant - how's things?

I've only just caught up with the thread .... geez, I don't know to be honest.

At the moment it is 50/50 that I'd use the fourth round pick that Chels is kindly putting into the deal, as I'm debating whether to delist 2 players in addition to the McKenzie trade or just one (or another might be traded, I don't know).

At the moment it is Pick 5 vs Stewie Crameri ... I am seriously unsure. Pick 5 in the MSD would nab me a good player, but would that player fill a need (ie - a forward)? There are never any assurances because there are 4 people picking before me.

Right now I'd have to say they are very close. I'll think about it while I'm subbing some articles here at work and probably post some more thoughts later this morning.

Of course Ant, you could trump everyone if you wished!! Hi Chris, Not sure this will be good enough... I'm willing to offer MSD pick #2 (in round 1) & Dayle Garlett for Mackenzie.