2014 MSD Delist Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, May 15, 2014.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Delists go here. Teams are required to ensure that their squads are no larger than the numbers shown below by midnight 18th May. <table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='308' style='width: 231pt;] <col width='193' style='width: 145pt;[/img] <col width='115' style='width: 86pt;[/img]
    <td style='height: 15pt; width: 145pt; text-align: left;]Team <td style='width: 86pt; text-align: left;]MSD Period Entry

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Birdsville Battlers <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]28

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Charlie's Opening Spelunkers <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]27

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Cradle Mountain Devils <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]28

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Darraweit Guim Dirigibles <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]26

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Foul Bay Chickens <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]26

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Gariwerd Cockatoos <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]28

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Gundagai Grasshoppers <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]28

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Iron Knob Codpieces <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]26

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Larrikin Lagoon Lefties <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]27

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Lovely Banks Lilacs <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]27

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Marble Bar Misfits <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]27

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Mt Beauty Uglies <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]26

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Nunawading Nuffas <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]26

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Powlett Plains Packers <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]28

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Venus Bay Vultures <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]28

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Wagga Wagga Wombats <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]28

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]27

<td style='height: 15pt; text-align: left;]Whitsunday Warriors <td align='right' style='text-align: left;]26

Voluntary participation can go as deep as a coach wishes.

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I'm gonna delist Dayle Garlett straight up, which brings me down to my required squad size of 28. So, still no picks at this stage. I'm considering my options and may announce more delistments at a later stage. I'm still so disappointed about Dayle. Yeah, I knew it was a big risk, but it would have been nice if it had have worked out.

3. Len

Misfits delist; Andrew Boston - Rookie list elevation who is now out indefinitely with an injury suffered the day after being elevated. Tayte Pears - Worst trade outcome for the Misfits in 3 years. Jarrad Redden - 2nd worst. That satisfies minimum requirements, probably one or two more to go.

4. graeme

graeme Guest

The Waikicks initial list of delisted players - Luke Russell (GCS, D). Was on my list of the next big things earlier this year. I got it wrong, pure and simple. Sam Shaw (ADE, D). A bad couple of days for Sam, dropped by Sando yesterday and now dropped here. Good luck to one of our favourites from the initial draft. Darcy Gardiner (BRL, D). A young key position defender. Drafted in haste, perhaps delisted in haste?

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Len wrote:
    Misfits delist; Andrew Boston - Rookie list elevation who is now out indefinitely with an injury suffered the day after being elevated. Tayte Pears - Worst trade outcome for the Misfits in 3 years. Jarrad Redden - 2nd worst. That satisfies minimum requirements, probably one or two more to go.

Len - who did you trade out for Tayte Pears?

6. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

The Guim provisionally delist Nathan Foley with a heavy heart. One of our 'Richmond originals' - we're down to only 2 now after there was 5 or 6 at one stage.

That and the McKenzie trade brings my list down to the required 26, meaning I provisionally plan on using my first two MSD picks(2 and 14) and no more.

That may change in coming days - there may be another delistment, or Foley may be reprieved. But I thought I'd note it here now in case I forget given how busy work and other things are at the moment.

7. Len

chris88 wrote:
    Len wrote:

Len - who did you trade out for Tayte Pears? Matt Rosa to Jen, turns out Hird loved him and Bomber hates him...

8. graeme

graeme Guest

Tayte Pears arrived at the Lilacs as part of a deal prior to the 2013 MSD that involved a then injured HMac heading to the Waikicks to recuperate. To say Tayte has been around might be a little unkind.

9. Len

chels wrote:
    Tayte Pears arrived at the Lilacs as part of a deal prior to the 2013 MSD that involved a then injured HMac heading to the Waikicks to recuperate. To say Tayte has been around might be a little unkind. Unfortunately the Misfits have only seen potatoes, no pears..

10. bama

bama Active Member

Mount Beauty delist Mitch Clark (another failed trade) and Fraser Thurlow

11. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Whitsunday Warriors delist: Alex Johnson Andrew Moore Sam Grimley Shane Kersten Mitch Brown

12. Len

Len wrote:
    Misfits delist; Andrew Boston - Rookie list elevation who is now out indefinitely with an injury suffered the day after being elevated. Tayte Pears - Worst trade outcome for the Misfits in 3 years. Jarrad Redden - 2nd worst. That satisfies minimum requirements, probably one or two more to go. Also delisting Sam Darley & Seb Ross, 2 projects too many of a similar profile

13. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Foul Bay delisting Scott McMahon and Shaun McKernan Scott McMahon was an original Chook and a best 15 member of the inagural Premiership side, but too many have gone past him. Shaun McKernan was a spud when I drafted him and remains that way. Was hoping he turned into what Josh Jenkins has now become. Shame. No harm, no foul (terrible punning by me then, I apologize).

14. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Venus Bay delist Cameron Wood More may be delisted at a later time.

15. graeme

graeme Guest

A point of clarification TiB - is that Mitch Brown of the weagles or the cats?

16. Len

chels wrote:
    A point of clarification TiB - is that Mitch Brown of the weagles or the cats? Hopefully it's the Geelong one, it will be challenging to rule on if he was delisting players he doesn't have :)

17. G-Train

G-Train Member

Packers delist: <table cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' dir='ltr' border='1' style='border: 1px solid #cccccc;] <col width='153[/img] <tr style='height: 20px;] <td style='color: #000000; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; text-align: left;]Sam Colquhoun
    <tr style='height: 20px;] <td style='color: #000000; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; text-align: left;] color: #000000;]Dean Towers
    <tr style='height: 20px;] <td style='color: #000000; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; text-align: left;]Tim O'Brien

18. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

The Lilacs are saying goodbye to: STK - Dylan Roberton DEF WCE - Josh Hill FWD

19. grav

grav Guest

Lefties shed a tear with the departure of: Gary Rohan (Fwd) and Adam Oxley (Mid)

20. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nunna Nuffers delist Clay Cameron (Def) and Lewis Johnston (Fwd).