2015 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by Tomster, Jan 18, 2015.

1. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

First shock selection byArmadillos picking up Mitch Hallahan so early on in the draft.

2. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Needs-based drafting my good man. My midfield is a bit of a retirement village

3. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

<div class='Quote' abp='653]<em abp='654]bryzza wrote:<br abp='655] </br> <p abp='656]First shock selection by[span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0);' abp='657]Armadillos picking up Mitch Hallahan so early on in the draft. <p abp='658]Not so sure about that, bryzza. I thought the Chief taking a mid/fwd came as shock to me as he already had 17 players for mid and fwd but only 5 defs with only 4 of them rated best 22,but he DID want a def/fwd @#5, but I got in ahead of him.Notwithstanding, Steele is one of the best m/f's going around and I'd certainly like him in my team BUT with only one more pick at #35, I can see some OOP scores happening this year and the Chief being pretty active in the MSD. <p abp='658] <p abp='658]As my good ole pop used to say 'opinions are like a***holes, everyone has one'........ <p abp='658]

4. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

choppers wrote:
    <div class='Quote' abp='653]<em abp='654]bryzza wrote:<br abp='655[/img]
    <p abp='656]First shock selection by[span abp='657' style='color: #000000;]Armadillos picking up Mitch Hallahan so early on in the draft. <p abp='658]Not so sure about that, bryzza. I thought the Chief taking a mid/fwd came as shock to me as he already had 17 players for mid and fwd but only 5 defs with only 4 of them rated best 22,but he DID want a def/fwd @#5, but I got in ahead of him.Notwithstanding, Steele is one of the best m/f's going around and I'd certainly like him in my team BUT with only one more pick at #35, I can see some OOP scores happening this year and the Chief being pretty active in the MSD. <p abp='658] <p abp='658]No doubt Hallahan is a contested clearance beast and only 22 yrs old. Ranking no.1 at box hill for champion data points for disposals clearances and contested possessions. We all see players differently I guess i just didnt expect him to go top ten. Great pick up <div>

5. insider

a touch tricky when your first two selections get taken by earlier picks too. thought i was a shoe-in with pick 6 but you lot threw a spanner in the works!

6. choppers

haha!......don't ya just luv draft day.................

7. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

choppers wrote:
    haha!......don't ya just luv draft day................. I am drafting for the future chop. Harwood, Hombsch, Seedsman and Jawnsch are enough to get me through half the year, given that I will have 2 spare defenders. Wgen you read what I just said, can you tell I am clutching at straws after forgetting McVeigh was a mid only? Stupid Champion Data, no one was complaining he was a defender

8. choppers

<div class='Quote' abp='653]<em abp='654]Tomster wrote:<br abp='655] </br> <div class='Quote' abp='656]<em abp='657]choppers wrote:<br abp='658] </br> haha!......don't ya just luv draft day................. <p abp='659] <p abp='660]I am drafting for the future chop. Harwood, Hombsch, Seedsman and Jawnsch are enough to get me through half the year, given that I will have 2 spare defenders. <p abp='661] <p abp='662]Wgen you read what I just said, can you tell I am clutching at straws after forgetting McVeigh was a mid only? Stupid Champion Data, no one was complaining he was a defender <p abp='663]Chief, to each their own, and I can see your reasoning and you got a good one in Steele(for the future) but I don't reckon Harwood is best 22 this year and if an injury hits one of the other 4, then OOP looms large. But all is not lost, there may still be a playing defender at #35. Just have to wait and see.........now, back to the cricket......

9. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Ahahahem... There is a solid best 22 defender up for grabs...

10. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Looks like big Stefan Martin will be heading to Cow Bay pretty soon!

11. insider

YAD69 wrote:
    Looks like big Stefan Martin will be heading to Cow Bay pretty soon! your mail is dodgy yad! Fresh continuing the youthful theme and drafting pick 5 in 2014 draft

12. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

bryzza wrote:
    </br> First shock selection by[span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0);]Armadillos picking up Mitch Hallahan so early on in the draft. agree bryzza - I'd question if he is best 22 with GAJ and co. However as the reigning premiers who is to argue.

13. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Looks like I've just missed on posting the Buffalos first pick but I've msgd Yad with 2 options in case Marty takes my first preference!

14. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

where art though bunyips ??? time is ticking

15. choppers

<div class='Quote' abp='652]<em abp='653]tyze1 wrote:<br abp='654] </br> <div class='Quote' abp='655]<em abp='656]bryzza wrote:<br abp='657] </br> <br abp='658] </br> <p abp='659]First shock selection by[span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0);' abp='660]Armadillos picking up Mitch Hallahan so early on in the draft. <p abp='661]agree bryzza - I'd question if he is best 22 with GAJ and co. However as the reigning premiers who is to argue. <p abp='662]I reckon probablythe only sure things for best 22right at this moment are Miles and McGovern, with the others very good selections for later on in the season and in future years. Every one selects players for different reasons, some for the right now and some to cover certain positions and some for the future. I think the 1st 8 selections have all been good selections, which hopefully makes for a good competition......bring it on! <p abp='662]

16. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Very quick fix for that defense hole, but still need another player

17. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Hey guys, Where would one be able to find a list of available players? Is it on the gmail account or just a personal collection of names? Gonna need to find a few diamonds in the rough!

18. YAD69

Yep, sent list to gmail. Then less those that have been picked.

19. YAD69

I reckon Batfink is lost in the sea of Data Champion.

20. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator