2015 Crafty's AFL Punt

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Crafty Yarni, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Crafty Yarni

Crafty Yarni Active Member

wasn't a fan of the late Melbourne goals in the 3rd quarter. lost than line bet by 1/2 point. moving on, trying to somewhat recover from this disaster round...

round 6 / bet 13: fremantle 3rd quarter line only -9.5

bet: 135
    odds: 1.90

placed 1/2 time

2. Crafty Yarni

im still trying to work out how hawthorn lost. seeing as my favourites multi was dead, how in the hell did st.kilda win/bulldogs lose????

I can't pick my nose at the moment.
    more of my robust comments at round completion.

seeing as anything can and will happen in the afl this year, I have no confidence that the two favourites will get up today. so to try and recover a bit more money I have placed initial bets below. live punting could rear it's ugly head so stay tuned for those amusing selections.

round 6 / bet 14: 1/4 time line carlton -5.5

bet: 60

r6 / b15: 1/2 time line carlton -11.5

bet: 60

r6 / b16: carlton ht/ft into port ht/ ft

bet:100
    odds: 2.41

3. Crafty Yarni

gees I love picking winners...obviously carlton didn't like my line betting on the first 2 quarters

anyways......more betting

round 6 / bet 17 ( I think): -port game line -26.5

bet: 75
    odds: 1.92

placed jut before the bounce

bet 18 was the live bet on Friday night, mentioned in the wrap up post - geelong 1-39 (placed at half time)

bet:$50
    odds: $3.40

4. Crafty Yarni

Round 6 wrap up.

My oh my. Wasn't I knocked down in this round. I wasn't fully to blame though. I am going to point the finger at the number of ridiculously short favourites who played like absolute retards.

Friday night wasn't that much of an upset. Sure Geelong won and my money went down the drain, Collingwood weren't the $1.20 favourites unlike some other teams. What I forget to do was post a $50 live bet I had on the Friday game. At half time the Cats were paying $3.40 to win between the margin 1-39. As they were up by 52 at half time, I thought the Pies would close that margin to less than 40. well, they closed to 23 points and bang, bang, bang in 4 minutes by the Cats had me in the foetal position.

Saturday day games proved disastrous. The Richmond win bet didn't bother me as much as them kicking the last goal in the game, forcing my total game points to lose. They, Richmond, played like spastics and to rub it in, kick the charity goal before sirens end. Hardwick, take note, you have no f.......... idea and you don't know how to coach your players to perform at their best. Shit, people hang it on jumping jack, but if I was their full forward, I too would be pissed off the way the ball gets delivered forward.

Well if I thought that was the end of the bending over ceremony, think again.

Lube at the ready.....

Hawthorn.!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS!!!! What was that shit you dished up. I think I blew $400 on this game. I'm sorry, there is no way possible that you should have lost that game. I can't elaborate any further on these wanna be footballers.

I cant' have a go at the Swans as they won my initial quarter line bet but somehow Melbourne kick the last two goals of the 3rd quarter to stop me from having back to back wins.

A game in which I didn't have head to head money on was the Bulldogs. 49 POINTS at half time!!!! What on earth happened there? This season is becoming comical with results. In all fairness, I need to ask a question. Has a betting scandal entered the AFL players circle and I'm not in on the action. 50/1 the saints at half time.

In my state of dizziness, I plonked on a 3rd quarter result in the Freo game and I ended up hitting a winner. Finally some cheer.

Then we get to Sunday. Hang on.... Where did I leave the lube? Time to bend over again.

Two leg multi - Carlton into Port. Both lead at half time and then the fat lady sang.... No, that was me screaming as I didn't use enough lube.

Carlton, you are a pack of spastics. I thought barracking for Richmond was bad. I will say that the Carlton players have no f........idea. You think Cotchin is a soft outside player. Have Carlton people seen what an ineffective muppet Murphy is? The coach is gone. Just do a straight swap with Hardwick - What could possibly go f........... wrong.

Port don't get off lightly. Premiership team my arse. At home against a West Coast team who play a forward who played with a suspected amputated elbow.

Oh, just remembered, I did cash out my Richmond bet for $3.93 when they were down by 41 points. Who said Sportsbet aren't giving.

All in all, a diabolical week to jump on the favourites. Looking at the numbers below and you can see why I am the KISS OF DEATH.

Round 6 summary:

Bets: 18 ...Won (2) Lost (16)

Profit/Loss for round: Loss ($1039.57)

Round Turnover: $1,585

Year to Date Figures:

Bets: 79 - Won (16) Lost (63)

Profit/Loss for year: Loss ($2,983.29)

Total turnover: $5,925.

I will be back on Friday as there is no way I can keep tracking at a 25% strike rate on hitting winners in a two horse race.

On a final note in this post, some good news.....

Congrats on Leematty on hitting a $700 payout on a $40 bet on the foot quad.

5. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

I'm sorry mate, but I love reading this every week. You are a true wordsmith, just unlucky on the punt.

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

JoshyC wrote:
    I'm sorry mate, but I love reading this every week. You are a true wordsmith, just unlucky on the punt. +1 Reminds me why I don't indulge any longer

7. Crafty Yarni

gday guys...got home from work about 630pm.

looks like tooserious was offline when I tried to post my predictions - this will now be posted at half time.

I have made 2 bets and they are

round 7 / bet 1:north 1-39

bet: $55
    odds: $2.10

r7 / b2:total game score >174.5

bet:$40
    odds: $1.88

placed 5 minutes before the game

8. Crafty Yarni

Round 7 selections.

Good evening to all followers.

Yes, I know I should have posted much sooner (and here come the excuses), but a recent career change doesn't allow me to access the internet for social reasons as much as I was able to do in the past.

I wanted to write this at half time but other matters got in the way. So here we are, just pretend we don't know the result.

North $1.45 vs Bombers $2.85. With all the turmoil facing the Bombers again with the WADA appeal, I feel this won't impact the Bomber players to any significance as the matter is out of their hands. I did post before the game that I had placed a bet on North to win between the margin 1-39. I just feel that have more options up forward and should win in a good game.

Adelaide $1.24 vs St.Kilda $4.25. Line is 28.5. I have tipped Adelaide to win. After what the Saints did in the second half last week, the rough diamond here might be the Saints at the line. On the other hand, if Adelaide perform at the optimum, they should win this comfortably. My initial thought are Adelaide at the line.

Hawthorn $1.08 vs Melbourne $8.50. Line is 45.5. After the shit Hawthorn dished up last week and costing me some notes of the money tree I have in the backyard, the heart wants Melbourne to cause another upset. The head says the Hawks will win. Melbourne are getting overrun in the latter part of their games recently and it's a hard one to pick for value. I certainly wouldn't recommend putting the mortgage on the $1.08. My initial thoughts are Melbourne at the line.

Carlton $2.60 vs GWS $1.52. Line is 13.5. Carlton are just pathetic at the moment. GWS pulled of the upset of the year last week. Once again, I don't think Carlton have the goal kickers to get them over the line but he little bird sitting on my shoulder seems to think, there will be an upset. As my punting is shite at the moment, neither team deserves to get my money on a win selection. My initial thoughts here are Carlton at the line.

Sydney $1.25 vs Geelong $4.15. Line is 27.5. Geelong are playing some very good footy lately, but they are facing a tough hurdle at Stadium Australia. I think the odds for Geelong are tasty but it would be a brave person to plonk the hard earned on the Cats unless you are one eyed. My initial thoughts are the Cats at the line. A close second in my thought process is the Swans 1-39 @ $2.10.

West Coast $1.11 vs Gold Coast $7.00. Line is 40.5. I don't rate Gold Coast as a competitive team this year. They deserve to be towards the bottom of the lasser. On the other hand, west Coast are playing a very good brand of football. To try and find value here without thinking too crazy, I do like the Eagles at the line @$1.92.

Western Bulldogs $3.60 vs Fremantle $1.31 kick of Sunday. The line here is 22.5. I can't see the Bulldogs winning this. Fremantle are just the football team to beat so far this year. After their effort in the second half last week, I can't see how the Bulldogs will compete and play a competitive game against Freo. My initial thoughts are Fremantle at the line.

Richmond $2.05 vs Collingwood $1.80. Line is 3.5. Please don't be fooled. As a Richmond follower, I have come to the conclusion....they have lost the plot. In fact, currently they are shit!. Collingwood @ $1.80 is a snack. They are my bet of the week. Richmond has no solid play makers and Collingwood have more than enough. Cloke will be held well, but Collingwood has far too many other midfield options who will drift forward and go bang, bang, bang.

Last game is Brisbane $4.75 vs Port $1.20. Line is 31.5. This is a game Port should win and bounce back from the shocking performance against west Coast ( not taking anything away from the Eagles). Don't think I'll waste a Sunday watching this game. My initial betting thoughts are Port at the line.

So, If this round goes to shit, I am tossing a coin next week. For those that are backing opposite to my selections, well done.

For my bet selections, I will decide that before the games tomorrow. I am teeing off at 8:50, so straight after my round, I will see what bets I will place on the Adelaide vs saints game.

I will also try and follow in the footsteps of Leematty and I will be placing a footy quad on tomorrow.

Good Luck punters!

9. Crafty Yarni

Sorry for lateness. Walked of the course, went to tab and placed footy quad.

round 7 / bet 3: foot quad

4 games and legs below.

Haw 25-73+ vs melbourne
    Carlton 1-24 & gws 1-36
    Sydney 1-48 & geelong 1-12
    Richmond 1-24 & collingwood 1-48 & the draw

$66 outlay for a 7.5% stake

10. Crafty Yarni

Apologies to all followers. I have had a very distracted weekend and football has taken next to no priority this weekend.

in saying that, I will have a bet on sunday and they are below

round 7 / bet 4: Collingwood win

bet:$100
    odds:$1.80

r7 / b5:fremantle @ line -24.5

bet:$50
    odds: $1.92

r7 / b6: 3 leg multi - Collingwood / fremantle / port

bet: $35
    odds: $2.87

bets placed sunday 1125am.

good luck punters

11. Crafty Yarni

Round 7 summary:

A very subdued performance by me this week. It had nothing to do with being concerned about doing more cash. My focus on football this week was absolutely poor.

A placed a couple of last minute bets on the Friday night game which was a positive start to the week. The $90 profit was the stepping stone to maker more cash for the weekend.

After a poor golf game, I jumped in the car and went to the tab and placed the footy quad. I spend just over $131 and took a 15% stake. Got back to the golf club and had a mate like the ticket that much, he decided he wanted 50% and I sold him that part of the stake.

I would now like to thank Carlton on costing me the quad. Sure I thought the Blues would lose, but such an insipid performance can't be tolerated by Blues fans. On a side note, I'd like to hear from Leematty to see if he hit the quad or got close.

To see Richmond get up and win was so surprising. The only reason I won't have a rant here is that, even though I placed $100 on the Pies to win, the fact they lead at 1/4 time was enough for my bet to be refunded in full under a promotion Sportsbet have at the moment.

In the Freo game, I thought my line bet was safe with Freo dominating the scoreboard to half time. Alas it wasn't to be and they did just enough to get over the line against the fast finishing Dogs.

That pretty much summed up all the bets I had. What I'd like to report now is if I had a $50 bet on every pre-game selection and see what would of happened.....The result would have been 4 wins and 5 losses. It pretty much would of mirrored the financial result of my bets this week - a tiny loss.

The bet of the week ( Collingwood win) got jinxed and the Kiss of DEATH strikes again. I once again didn't achieve a pass mark for the bets I had and it's getting annoying to say the least.

I hope there were punters out there that had a win and for those that continue to select opposite to my selections - well done. Just a word of warning though, I can smell a profit for round 8 so be cautious in going against Crafty in Round 8.

As I finish work at 5:30 this Friday, I will endeavour to post my selection summary after teams are named on Thursday night. I will do this as I know there are TS followers out there who somewhat enjoy reading my logical madness. Or is it just pure madness?

The numbers are below.

Bets: 6 ...Won (2) Lost (4)

Profit/Loss for round: Loss ($55.30)

Round Turnover: $346.00

Year to Date Figures:

Bets: 85 - Won (18) Lost (67)

Profit/Loss for year: Loss ($3,038.59)

Total turnover: $6,271.

12. Crafty Yarni

Round 8 selections.

It is fair to say that the footy season this year has confused me to no end to date. Surely the tide has turned and Sportsbet might pay me back some of that money that I have unwillingly donated.

We kick off on Friday night with the Geelong $1.20 vs Carlton $4.75. Line is 31.5. My initial thoughts here are Geelong to win. I can not see Carlton in the picture in this game. Geelong in fact should be monty's at the line. It wouldn't surprise me to see Carlton lead at quarter time, but I would expect the Cats to have to much fire power against the non-existent Carlton forward structure.

Saturday commences with St.Kilda $4.75 vs West Coast $1.20. Line is 33.5. Tipping wise, I like west Coast. My initial thoughts on a bet here are St.Kilda at the line.

Next on the agenda is GWS $1.55 vs Adelaide $2.50. The line here is 11.5. This game nearly grabbed my attention for the bet of the week. I, for the life of me, don't see GWS winning here. To cover my bases, I do like the Crows at the line in this game.

Gold Coast $3.30 vs Collingwood $1.35. Line is at 20.5. Now the Gold Coast are an absolute mess at the moment. The captain is out, players breaking team rules about grog and we have a former player selling ekkies without conviction. On the other hand, you have a Collingwood team who loves to travel and their strike rate on the road is incredibly good. My initial thoughts are Collingwood at the line

Saturday night starts off with the game of the round. Hawthorn $1.57 vs Sydney $2.45. Line is 10.5. Something tells me that Sydney are the bet of the round. In fact, this will be my bet of the round - Sydney 1-39 @$3.00. The weather will keep it a close affair and regardless of which team you back, your money will still be alive at the start of the last quarter.

Fremantle $1.20 vs Kangas $4.75. Line is at 32.5. Now if you like an upset at good odds, this is the game. I can't steer away from the purple machine though and I believe they will win. In terms of the punt, I like Fremantle 1-39 @ $2.20

Sunday commences with Essendon $1.25 vs Brisbane $3.95. Line is at 27.5. the Bombers at home would have to win this...surely. Brisbane aren't too much chop at the moment and I believe that the Bombers will cover their line.

Melbourne $2.95 vs Dogs $1.40. Line is 17.5. This I believe will be a closer game than what Demon supporters experienced last week. Roos will give them a nice talk and remind them why they are getting paid the money they get - To stop playing that shit from last week. I infact like the upset here. For me the $2.95 represents good value.

The last game is the reply of the finals game last year. Port $1.30 vs Richmond $3.50. Line is 22.5. As much as Port are playing B grade footy, they should win this game. Richmond were the heaviest backed team from last week and the big punters out there got lucky in my opinion. Even as a Tigers man, I am hoping for a closer game than last year. Betting purposes, I like Richmond at the line.

So there we have for another prediction by the Kiss of Death. My betting will be progressive and don't be surprised that my first bet will be half an hour before the game tonight.

Good Luck to the punters, and for the tipsters, make sure you include the odd upset this week.

13. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

Good luck mate, some solid bets there...but this seasons been a strange one

14. Crafty Yarni

thanks for the support joshy. I need a cheer squad to get me over the line.

I can smell a big win this week.

plus I ran out of lube, so that could be a sign of good things - no more bent over stakes

15. Crafty Yarni

round 8 bets:

ok so it's time to make some cash. my initial bets will consist of 2 multi's and an outright geel vs carl bet. bets commence below.

round 8 / bet 1: 9 leg multi

Geelong win
    wce win
    Adelaide +12.5
    Collingwood win
    Sydney 1-39
    freo win
    Essendon win
    bulldogs win
    Richmond +22.5

bet: $42
    odds: 48.64

round 8 / bet 2: 6 leg multi

geelong win
    wce win
    Adelaide +12.5
    pies win
    Sydney 1-39
    freo win

bet: $58
    odds: 14.57

bets placed 6:57pm fri

16. Crafty Yarni

round 8 / bet 3: geelong -19.5

bet: $200
    odds: 1.54

bet placed 7:17pm fri

17. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Crafty Yarni wrote:

plus I ran out of lube, so that could be a sign of good things - no more bent over stakes Might mean it gets a bit rougher without the lube

18. Crafty Yarni

gday followers. after golf this morning, I went to the tab to place the footy quad, got back to the bar and started a 4 man shout. two and a half hours later, i'm all beered out and get home to let you guys know my next bets.

I missed the jump on the stk/wce game and soon after I missed the jump on the gws/adel game. it appears it would have been one win and one loss if I bet on the current liver games. enough of the past, my footy quad bet is below.

round 8 / bet 4: footy quad

Collingwood 1-48 vs gold coast
    haw 1-24 & syd 1-36
    freo 1-60
    port 1-48 & Richmond 1-24 & the draw

$70 outlay for a 10% share of prize pool

bet placed about 1:30 sat

19. Crafty Yarni

round 8 / bet 5: 3 leg multi

Collingwood win / Sydney 1-39 / fremantle win

bet: $75
    odds:4.83

placed 2 minutes b4 the bounce of coll game

20. Crafty Yarni

it appears time got the better of me to bet on the Essendon game. I thought it started at 1:45. I saying that, looking at the markets and it was hard to find a market that would have made me feel comfortable.

having hit the 3 leg multi yesterday, maybe I am a bit squeamish about giving back a bit of profit this round.

I live in hope that Richmond can produce a contest but the other part of the brain seems to think port @ $1.33 is fair if I want to press my profits for the round.

I still think Melbourne can pull of the upset but I might take the precautionary measure and back the dees at the line.

good luck today punters, my bets are below.

round 8 / bet 6: Melbourne +17.5 / Richmond +22.5

bet: $40
    odds: 3.68

r8 / b7: Richmond win

bet: $15
    odds: 4.10

r8 / b8: Melbourne win

bet:$15
    odds:3.60

r8 / b9:melbourne 1-39 / Richmond 1-39

bet: $10
    odds: 14.76