Nareewillock (Nunawading) Nuffers

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by melbandy, Apr 28, 2012.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Old enough to remember paisley shirts (and ties)?

2. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I never wore them but a mate of mine came from Paisley in Scotland (read Braybrook in Melbourne). He not only lived it but wore it.

3. TerryinBangkok

And so at last we get to welcome Andy from the City of Whitehorse to the Whitsundays, along with his kamikaze nuffers. Hope the boys don't miss out on their quota for the annual whale hunt (for research purposes). The Nunawading Christian College had all their students write their name on a balloon so when they recovered the dead whales they could tell who choked them. Seen here kicking off the season in fine style. The Japanese could take a leaf out of the Nunawading book. Don't have to worry about those pesky greenies and their boats as well.

4. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nuffers fundraising team wish to advise that the current activities of the AFL, ASADA and ACC have had no effect on production and sales.

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

melbandy wrote:
    The Nuffers fundraising team wish to advise that the current activities of the AFL, ASADA and ACC have had no effect on production and sales.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6. TerryinBangkok

We've filled up the pig pit with hot rocks. Bear has made some extra lobster pies. And the welcoming committee have been practicing on the beach:

Anything else we can do for you and the Nuffers?

7. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Even your training pictures radiate vitamin D. All the boys were walking tall in front of the selectors this week.

8. TerryinBangkok

melbandy wrote: Even your training pictures radiate vitamin D. All the boys were walking tall in front of the selectors this week.

Seems to have caused a spark here as well with two late 'ins'. https://www.facebook.com/TerryinBangkok

9. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nuffers extend a warm (well not really, it was 3 this morning) welcome to the mid season recruits. The girls in the cheer squad are stocking up on assorted items to warm their cockles (so to speak).
    Come on down
    Def J. Laidler (Blues)
    R D. Jolly (Pies) F/M
    D. Armfield (Blues), N
    Haynes (GWS)
    L. Jones (Dogs),
    C. Brown (GCS),
    R. Pettard (Tigers)

The boys are looking forward to filling the holes at the Nuffers, both on and off the field. (They'll be doing some community service work with a road gang in the church car park, for those with gutter brains)

10. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nuffers management (less Tony-RIP) wish to congratulate Simon Black, Matty Broadbent and Hombsch for their wonderful contributions this week. Stupid bastards forgot it's a bye round. Also cost me 2 in the footy tipping, just to rub salt on the wound.

11. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nuffers rebuilt squad for 2014 has been finalised.

Welcome boys to Heinken Stadium.

Unfortunately we lost Chemist Warehouse's sponsorship to the Dons, but have gained a new sponsor with Santos.

With all the gas produced after our parma & piss nights they reckon they can fill an LNG tanker and sell it to Japan for an overall profit on the deal.

Win/Win as the Nuffers become carbon emission neutral and as a shareholder in Santos I get some kickbacks.

Here is your new team

Def Kade Simpson, Jarryn Geary, Matty Broadbent, Brian Lake, Ricky Petterd, Tim Mohr, Nick Haynes, Easton Wood, Clay Cameron
    Mid JP Kennedy, Brett stanton, Jaeger O'Meara, Daniel Cross, Ryan Lester, Anthony Miles, David Myers, Dale Thomas, Tom Bell
    M/F Rhys Palmer, Colin Sylvia, Travis Varcoe, Dennis Armfield
    R/F Charlie Dixon
    R Shaun Hampson
    For Chris Dawes, Liam Jones, Lewis Johnston, Jarrod Lisle

This year were looking for consistency and the ability to field a full side each week. We have sacked Charlie Sheen as recovery coach and hired Robert Downey Jr.

Part of the Dons sponsorship swap sees Stephen Dank join our methbiochemistry lab. We've also hired the strippers formerly working for BC3 thoroughbreds as analysts....because they love football.

Now that AD is departing we are backing a push to make Ricky Nixon the new head honcho. What could go wrong?

12. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

It's been such a long time since we've had anything big to report. The Nuffers have secured a a new stadium deal - we are now Game of War Stadium.

Every home game will see Kate ride (in slow motion) across the ground at half time. We've had thousands here just to watch the rehearsals with a double on the horse.

All home games are sold out for the season already. Maybe the AFL should come and see us for the granny half time show.

13. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nuffers are hosting the Cows and their colourful manager, Chels.

We've arranged a special deal with a local wine warehouse to provide on tap wines from Hawkes Bay.

This will make them feel right at home and hopefully hungover for game time. As Chels is still celebrating the EPL title win we thought to join in and have also got some Starward single malt produced locally in nearby Essendon. And yes, it does have the good stuff in it.

I've told Kate (see above) about you Chels and she's just bursting at the thought of meeting you. Her dad owns a pub and she loves fishing.

14. graeme

graeme Guest

Thank you Andy - your hospitality cannot be faulted.

When I was a little younger I was a bit of a connoisseur oflocal single malts from places as far afield as Dunedin, Las Vegas, Singapore and Perth.

Let's just say that some seemed a little more authentic than others. A wee dram of the Essendon 'Weapon' (possibly with kerosene and perhaps ]Androstenedionenotes on the back palate?) might just lead to peak performance.

Never had it injected but orally and by drip yes. Kate reminds me of someone, cannot quite put a name to the face. See ya Saturday mate.

15. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nuffers have waved goodbye to Tom Campbell and Ricky Petterd for the MSD.

We have enlisted the services of Alex Sexton and Troy Dickson.

With names begining with 'sex' and 'dick' they're bound to give the Nuffers a hot beef injection.

16. graeme

graeme Guest

Andy, sometimes I think your mob should have been called (or at least subtitled) the 'King Street Crawlers.' Sponsorship would be no problem from one of your favourite 'mine hosts' and the cheer squad would certainly attract spectators.

A total win / win scenario.

17. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I like your thinking big G!

Sounds like a really good community project too.

It would be good for the girls in the cheer squad to get real jobs in respectable establishments.

18. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nuffers aka King St Crawlers have traded Brian Lake to the Packers in return for Taylor Hunt.

Welcome to the Nuffery young man.

Brian is getting a bit long in the tooth and just wasn't holding up his end at the tittie bars.

19. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

2015 Mid Season Line Up

We picked up T Dickson and A Sexton in the MSD and traded in T Hunt. I think we've stumbled onto a themed strategy with those names.

No doubt these boys will inject some much needed hardness into the squad.

Def K Simpson, T Varcoe, E Wood, M Broadbent, T Hunt, S Rowe, T Mohr (out for season)
    D/F H Goddard
    D/M D McKenzie
    Mid B Stanton, D Cross, JP Kennedy, C Ellis-Yolman, D Myers, R Conca, R Lester
    F/M D Thomas (season), D Armfield, T Bell, B Martin, A Sexton
    R N Natanui
    For T Dickson, R Palmer, C Dixon, L Jones, J Neade, C Dawes

If everyone plays to their full potential there is no doubt we'll finish on the ladder. I know it's a big call but we're up for the challenge.

20. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Alex Sexton lived up to his name and gave it over the bench to the Packers. The Nuffers management have put out an APB to find him. Apparently he's gone into hiding thinking that 8 was not enough. Given the result the Nuffers are easily pleased.