2015 Mid-Season Completed Trades Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    Len wrote:
    MBM send Bellchambers to GWC in exchange for their 2016 PSD round 2 pick. Thanks Len. I reckon that must be close to the most straighforward and quickest trade negotiation I have ever been a part of. Agreed :) it's a business doing pleasure with you

2. J_C

J_C Guest

Thanks, Chris.

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

<div class='Quote' style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0px;]
    As per the auction thread, MSD picks #12 and #18 are heading to Darraweit Guim in exchange for Nunawading and Charlie's Openings 3rd round PSD picks, pick 33 in the MSD and Lachlan Hunter

4. G-Train

G-Train Member

Powlett send our 2015 MSD pick 15 to Gariwerd for Sam Kerridge and their 2015 MSD 25. <div>

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Philosoraptor wrote:
    Powlett send our 2015 MSD pick 15 to Gariwerd for Sam Kerridge and their 2015 MSD 25. <div>
    Thanks P'rap. i was reluctant to trade Keridge, but I'm eager to participate in the draft, so this was a good way to trim my squad. Cheers

6. G-Train

G-Train Member

[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;]Powlett trade Taylor Hunt to Nuffers for Brian Lake

7. G-Train

G-Train Member

Powlett trade pick 76 MSD to Gariwerd for Mark Hutchings

8. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Darraweit trade Kamdyn Mcintosh to Whitsundays for Nathan Hrovat

9. anthak

Philosoraptor wrote:
    Powlett trade pick 76 MSD to Gariwerd for Mark Hutchings Thanks raptor!

10. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

chris88 wrote:
    Darraweit trade Kamdyn Mcintosh to Whitsundays for Nathan Hrovat 62nd trade for the year..

11. chris88

Len wrote:
    chris88 wrote:
    Darraweit trade Kamdyn Mcintosh to Whitsundays for Nathan Hrovat 62nd trade for the year..

It is officially an addiction, I am seeking treatment.

Of all the trades I've done since the start of the year, the only one I probably regret is the Nic Nat trade. Not because it wasn't a decent trade - Andy needed a ruckman and I was willing to pay to get a good backman like Haynes and a good young midfielder like OMeara - but OMeara's injury and Nic Nat's good form provide a massive contrast.

But all the other trades - the senior players still have plenty of value but have perhaps peaked .... so maybe it was 'OK, this is as far as we'll get with this group, maybe we can re-tool with some younger guys and have another go'.

Guess we'll see how things go.

12. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I feel your pain Chris. Nic has been very good for the Nuffers and the timing of JAG's injury was rather unfortunate for you, Still, he's young and I'm sure you'll get many years of good service from him. I cross my fingers every week hoping that Nic stays injury free as he's my one and only ruckman. Trading addiction is certainly one of the more preferable addictions to have. Addiction is one of the traits we look for at the Nuffers. If you ever get sacked by the board you can join us as an assistant coach.

13. chris88

melbandy wrote:
    I feel your pain Chris. Nic has been very good for the Nuffers and the timing of JAG's injury was rather unfortunate for you, Still, he's young and I'm sure you'll get many years of good service from him. I cross my fingers every week hoping that Nic stays injury free as he's my one and only ruckman. Trading addiction is certainly one of the more preferable addictions to have. Addiction is one of the traits we look for at the Nuffers. If you ever get sacked by the board you can join us as an assistant coach.

Agree - and that's the good thing about O'Meara - he's young and he has plenty of opportunities to come back and play a role. And to be honest I'm enjoying Nic Nat's work (though when we play next round Andy, I may have to ask him to have a bit of sympathy on his old team!)

It is easy to look at what you give away in a trade sometimes without thinking in a balanced way about what you get back. As part of that trade, I sent Reece Conca your way and he's been beset by injury this year, which is awful because he's a walk up start in Richmond's best 22.

Given I was reliant on Cornes, Cooney, Goddard and McGlynn in my midfield before I started trading madly earlier this year, I needed to do something to get some good young players in to help Tyson. OMeara is one of them, so we are getting there.

And it is often good to trade away slightly older players who still offer something before they start falling apart. This can happen so quickly - Andrew Walker for me being a prime example ... he's gone from my second choice defender last year to on the verge of retirement right now.

I'm thankful that the couple of inquiries about him during trade period didn't come to fruition - that wouldn't have been good for the person receiving Walker from me.

Your offer of an assistant's job is a kind one Andy. If the board get jack of the Darraweit spinning trade wheel of madness, I'll know where to head!

14. chris88

Hold on, trade period is still open?

MOAR TRADES!!

Seriously though, anyone interested in Eddie Betts?

I need a defender to take a load off Andrew Walker's dicky knee. Doesn't have to be a young defender, but probably needs to be a good one given Betts' worth and form.

Send me a message if you dare :)

15. grav

grav Guest

A deal has been struck between the Lefties and the Chooks. Larrikin Lagoon bid farewell to Ben Cunnington and their 1st and 3rd round PSD picks in exchange for Leigh Montagna and 1st round PSD pick from Foul Bay. Happy Birthday and good luck Ben, hope the grass is greener on the other side of the ditch.

16. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

grav wrote:
    A deal has been struck between the Lefties and the Chooks. Larrikin Lagoon bid farewell to Ben Cunnington and their 1st and 3rd round PSD picks in exchange for Leigh Montagna and 1st round PSD pick from Foul Bay. Happy Birthday and good luck Ben, hope the grass is greener on the other side of the ditch. Confirmed, thanks Grav!

17. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Ah Joey, I thought you would play your days out at the Chooks, but it looks like ChiefBet has started the rebuild a little earlier than expected.

18. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Bandit wrote:
    Ah Joey, I thought you would play your days out at the Chooks, but it looks like ChiefBet has started the rebuild a little earlier than expected. We don't rebuild at ChiefBet, it is called a 'list transition'.... :)

19. G-Train

G-Train Member

Philosoraptor wrote:
    Powlett has traded Isaac Smith, Richard Douglas and Caleb Marchbank to the Whitsunday Warriors. In exchange I receive Rory Sloane. :/

20. anthak

Philosoraptor wrote:
    Powlett trade pick 76 MSD to Gariwerd for Mark Hutchings This turned out to be such a terrible trade. I'd held Hutchings through his injuries and such, and had resisted trading him when others enquired about him. But when Bellchambers got injured and Hickey got dropped, I thought Id better get a ruckman, and I panicked and gave away Hutchings for next to nothing... even though there were barely any rucks left in the draft at that time. I picked up Tom Derrickx who hasnt played a game for me. Whilst Hutchings has come on strongly, playing in the last 7 games, with 4 scores over 80, including 121 this weekend. Well done Prap. You did well to pounce when the opportunity presented itself.