15 Premiums

Discussion in 'AFL' started by taminater, Feb 13, 2012.

1. taminater

taminater New Member

I have managed to create a team that looks pretty good on paper that includes 15 premiums and 15 rookies. not sure i will go with it because obviously i am missing a few of the expensive guns. but it definatly is tempting. If most of the top guns drop in price then i should be able to have a full team much sooner. but the question is will the points i miss out on from the start cost me too much. i am not going to bother with overall as im in too many cash leagues.

what are everyones thoughts?

2. weazel

weazel Member

a lot will depend on your competition if they know what they are doing(i imagine they do being in $$$ leagues) you may not get enough wins on the board to have a crack at them come finals time.

3. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

A good exercise to do to work that out is to make up a spreadsheet of different proposed sides and what you think players will average over the season. You can even break the season up into 3rds.

Now of course this system falls down because no one can accurately predict what a player is going to score in 2012, but like I say, it's a useful exercise to aid in decision making.

4. tonyc

tonyc New Member

You're relying on a minimum of 7 of your rookies playing each week. Seems risky, especially given even the gun rookies tend to wear the green vest more often than others (eg. Gaff last year).