2012 Fixture News & Multi Bye Rounds Announced

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Oct 25, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Round 1
    Sydney v GWS (5 days earlier then rest)
    Geelong v Fremantle (PATTERSONS)
    Kangaroos v Essendon (ETIHAD)
    Bulldogs v West Coast (ETIHAD)
    StKilda v Port Adelaide (AAMI)
    Carlton v Richmond (MCG)
    Melbourne v Brisbane
    Collingwood v Hawthorn (NCG)
    Gold Coast vs Adelaide

Pies have 5 interstate trips against Port, Bris, GWS, Adel, Syd. No trips to Perth. Doesnt get much easier then that going interstate.

Saints play GWS once, in 2nd last Round of the season.

Clubs fighting for spot in bottom of 8 to play GWS or Port twice inc Ess, North, Adel, Rich, Freo, Melb whereas Saints play each once

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>6 Team Multi Byes

Round 11: Adelaide, Brisbane, GWS, North Melbourne, West Coast and the Western Bulldogs

Round 12: Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, Fremantle, Essendon and Melbourne

Round 13: Carlton, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Richmond and St Kilda</blockquote>

Round 11 doesnt look to bad at this stage, but Pies/Cats/Swans/Freo could be mayhem in Round 12 & Carlton/Hawks/Saints also in Round 13

3. Fez

Fez Moderator

I assume St Kilda will play GC twice though? Which none of the top 5 play either GC or GWS twice?

When does the fill fixture come out?

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

5. Fez

Fez Moderator

Also heard that every team plays at least once in Perth including Collingwood so I guess well find out when the full draw is released

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

The biggest problem for mine is that to avoid a zero, you need a ruck from each round (With one of those rucks up forward!)

I'm thinking Ryder will pick up the F/R duties, Leuenbergs, Goldstein or Cox from the top one, but then then round 13 gets a little problematic.

Essentially locking everyone into McEvoy, or possible Kruezer if you feel he'll bounce back.

7. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

If you went in with a mid priced R2 strategy you could afford to take a punt on krooz as a mid pricer with the mindset of upgrading him just before his bye.

Midpriced R2 has worked well in recent years, but I wont be punting on krooz unless I see him fit and actually playing in the ruck and not permanent forward.

8. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Assuming you have two rookies on the bench next season, it will be almost impossible to avoid zeros over this bye week with approximately 1/3 of your players missing in each round. unless you do some very clever trades you won't be able to avoid zeros

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

For those who complained about Pies not going to Perth, sucked in for thinking the AFL would ever give the final spreadsheet to the Herald Sun.

Of course the Pies will play once in every capital city (that there is a regular team playing). The key question is which one will they play twice.

The choice is Adelaide, Perth, Sydney or Brisbane.

I'm guessing Sydney will get the gig until GWS are settled as a powerhouse in the next 5 years. So I'd therefore assume the Magpies will wax between playing the Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane (QLD) teams every 2nd year away

10. Lucas

McEvoy looks a goer on the form from last season if you were going two quality rucks.

Not sure who you would have as your R3. Witts appears an ideal R4/F9 though I'm not convinced he will play more than 5 games. Just has to get the MPP.

Brogan being drafted by GWS complicates the matter certainly.

Anyone know what Maric will be on next year?

11. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I'm looking at Derrickx as R3 in 2012 at the moment, hopefully gets MPP for next year.

12. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

For me the 1,1,2 combination looks like the best ruck option.

13. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@ Lucas

With no other ruckman & delisting all other tall options, unless the Saints pick up a mature aged 2nd ruck in draft i think McEvoy will be well worth picking. I was hesitant on it before trade week as thought we'd pick someone up but now that we havent he is back up top of my list.

Rhys Stanley could be about rookie price again if given a discount, should be R/F again so could come in very handy.

Realistically StKilda have McEvoy, Kosi, Stanley & Blake as our only players that can ruck. Not sold on

14. Fez

Fez Moderator

Yep reckon Mcevoy will be a very handy choice at the right age high draft pick I can see him blossoming and same goes for Luenburger. Will be so many possible combinations in the ruck next season it will be good for some variety

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Have a feeling Sandi could be a POD next year!!!

Goldy/Mummy will be popular i reckon, especially with Mummy vs GWS first up!!

16. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Will Patton be a R/F or just an F?

17. Lucas

I was thinking McEvoy and Naitanui.

18. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Matty_C on October 26, 2011, 14:19
    If you went in with a mid priced R2 strategy you could afford to take a punt on krooz as a mid pricer with the mindset of upgrading him just before his bye. </blockquote>

Nice, roll out the season with two premium rucks, along with avoiding the whole ruck debarcle. Just need Krooz to be fit.

<blockquote>Will Patton be a R/F or just an F?</blockquote>

Nah, can't see it happening mate.

19. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Point of order Matty_C and all a y'all.

If I picked a high end mid-pricer such as Kruezer (409k*), I'd be taking that risk to save 100k on a true premium ruck. By trading him out mid-season, you're essentially blowing that saved cash by trading (200k being a general consensus of what a trade is worth**). By my rudimentary maths skills you're 100k down on where you would be if you just picked two premium rucks that you didn't have to trade, not to mention the points lost if Kruezer doesn't score like a premium in the first 12 rounds.

My suggestion: Mummy/McEvoy/Giles or Longer/Magic Door.

*based on walesy's predicted salary. I disagree with his prediction of the MN
    **given that there's more trades these days, I think their cash value has decreased to about 170k

20. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@walesy

Cheers mate