2014 Trading Games

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by BrockyFreo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

I haven't seen any talk about Trading Games this year.. Is there any interest? It's been a joy the past couple of years!

2. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I'm interested, Darkace's Pack won't lose this year!

3. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Wouldn't mind having a crack - might need a few PM's to keep me in the loop when things are discussed due to upcoming wedding next week and not being totally switched on to SC mode yet!!!

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

yes, Im defs back in this in 2014.
    I missed it last couple of seasons, after winning in 2011 :)

Who organised it last year? - I forget. Whoever it was, i think there were a couple who helped each other, it was really well organised.
    I have some ideas for this season that I want to run past whoever will be organising it.

5. maso

maso New Member

[span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times New Roman;]
    [span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Calibri;]Been in it for a couple of years now and is a good bit of fun. I like to share a thought, we normally set up a team at the start that typically has very similar players that we all have in our own main teams. Given the spirit of this league is to test our true coaching abilities with the same team from scratch, why don't we start with a random team selected from SuperCoach that may have all sorts of rubbish and good players, even some that may never get a game, and see who can really turn around m[span style='font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: SimSun; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-fareast; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;]ediocre team into a premiership winner. [span style='color: black; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt; mso-fareast-font-family: SimSun; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-fareast; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;]This would truly see who's got great coaching skills...........just a suggestion. [span style='color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times New Roman;]

6. anthak

personally I like the idea of a cookie cutter team
    - partly for the experiment of seeing the difference in results from a popular type lineup,
    - but also because it is more realistic.
    - and also that we would have a better chance of success with the team. My Trading Games team in 2011 finished top 200.
    1 of the ideas i have had is for us to go with the team of the most popular players from all of the RMT teams in the blog thread.

Either last year or the year before, Walesy compiled the most popular players based on all the RMTs - and I was planning to do that this season. I reckon it would be a good team to start with. We could collectively pick a team in the same fashion as the donor team has done in previous years, but I think the RMT idea is a bit more objective in some way.

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

My daughter would be interested in playing again if someone wants to kick it open

8. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

anthak wrote:
    personally I like the idea of a cookie cutter team
    - partly for the experiment of seeing the difference in results from a popular type lineup,
    - but also because it is more realistic.
    - and also that we would have a better chance of success with the team. My Trading Games team in 2012 finished top 200.

1 of the ideas i have had is for us to go with the team of the most popular players from all of the RMT teams in the blog thread.

Either last year or the year before, Walesy compiled the most popular players based on all the RMTs - and I was planning to do that this season. I reckon it would be a good team to start with. We could collectively pick a team in the same fashion as the donor team has done in previous years, but I think the RMT idea is a bit more objective in some way.

I have organised the last couple of years, although last year was easier with the addition of groups (I can start one up if needed). I was going to suggest maybe we start with the donor team, then the donors can play against us also.

9. anthak

warsaken wrote:
    I was going to suggest maybe we start with the donor team, then the donors can play against us also.
    Thats an excellent idea i reckon! :)

10. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

I am happy with the way it's been done in the past War, and if you don't mind putting the effort in again, I'm sure we will all appreciate it! I'm not too fussed on the starting team, but agree it should be a primo team, not a random. We have the chance then to take the 50K and not only that, as a league, it's great to see us in the top 10 leagues overall for large parts of 2012. Put a group number up when ready War!

11. anthak

I'd mentioned up above that I'd played this in 2012, but I've realised it's actually 2 seasons I missed. It was 2011 I played.
    Looking forward to it this year :)

12. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I've set up the group to join. Remember to sign up as your brother/mother/uncle/etc. DO NOT JON THE GROUP WITH YOUR MAIN TEAM. <strong style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;]1. If you have ALREADY REGISTERED[/b][span style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;]for the The Herald Sun Nissan SuperCoach Competition, simply click the following link (you may need to login):<br style='color: #333333;[/img] http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/group?cic=179012[span style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;] <br style='color: #333333;[/img] <em style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;](Once logged in, simply confirm your invitation and you'll be automatically added. Private Groups are a separate feature to the five head-to head leagues of 18, in which you may continue to participate as usual).[span style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;]<br style='color: #333333;[/img] <br style='color: #333333;[/img] <strong style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;]2. If you have NOT YET REGISTERED,[/b][span style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;]simply click on the link below and fill in the registration form as usual:<br style='color: #333333;[/img] http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/?p=register&group_code=179012[span style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;] <br style='color: #333333;[/img] <em style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;](On successful registration, you'll automatically be added to this Group. Simply look for the 'GROUP' tab in the nav of your Leagues page).

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Awesome stuff Warsaken, The Dragoons are in

14. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

warsaken wrote:
    <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 10px;]For those that know nothing about it ... Everyone starts with the same squad at the beginning of the year. The trades made during the year/bench selections/Captains selection will separate the winner from the pack. You will have to create a second account to play, unless you want the squad to be your only team. <em style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;]

15. Buzzboys

Buzzboys Member

I'm in again

16. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Yep.... the missus is having a crack this year. She knows about footy like I know about dressmaking. Team name = Green Onion

17. J_C

J_C Guest

WhodaThunkit is in.

18. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Back for more. Won't be letting myself (sorry,my son) down this year by ignoring the byes!
    L.T.K. signed up.

19. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Will there be a league as well as a group? Also would we be selecting the side? Would prefer that over just going with the Donor team (whatever that ends up being). Happy to be in either way, well not me per se, think I can rope a family member into it ;)

20. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

JanLikesTheDockers is in. Yes there will be head to head as well. Any further ideas on the main players going to be in the team? we can probably get that part sorted and then just sort out playing rookies as they are named?