2024 ORFFF check in

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Jan 29, 2024.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Why would we double up on matchups? I personally think it’s much better to play each other just once each for the season.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

With the growth of the AFL season the 15 round model would leave 2 weeks unused at the start or end of the season or further weeks off during the season.

The commission has unanimously (4-0) agreed to the proposed fixture change - noting that nothing is locked in beyond 2024 and in lieu of a poll this season we would anticipate that if the vast majority of coaches prefer 15 weeks we will hear about it prior to round 1 and can reconsider if needed.

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for that.
    I’m surprised it would even be a consideration for us all to play two teams twice. It will make the regular season very unfair. Teams are at very different stages of list development, so some games are potentially “easy” games (like against my team haha) and some are almost impossible to win, so there will no doubt be inequities in the fixture depending on which teams we all play twice.

4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@tyze1 is still to check in, hopefully they are back on board within the next week

a reminder to everyone to please post a trade block in the trade discussions if you get 10 minutes free in the next week or so as it improves the quality of incoming pms targeted to the players you may be wishing to acquire or move

5. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

yes, in sorry liked the previous post - that was my check in!

• Like Like x 4