2024 Trade Discussions & Shiny Objects

Discussion in 'tsAddicts SC Keeper League' started by snoz, Feb 14, 2024.

1. snoz

snoz Moderator

With the (brutal) delist number being a (brutal) eight players. I am (brutally) sad.

The following are up for trade, I am looking for draft picks only.
    Grab them now before they go into the pool..............

Darcy Cameron R
    Sam De Konig D
    Patrick Dangerfield M
    Max King F
    George Wardlaw M
    Jacob Weitering D
    Taylor Adams F/M
    Harry McKay F

2. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

or get them for free in the pool for lower round picks?? :D

3. snoz

snoz Moderator

Possibly, but that's a free for all whereas a trade guarantees you get the player.

4. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

I’ll add Max Gawn to the trade table.

5. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

i am throwing some mids on the table - take a look and name some names and lets see if we can do something

6. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Trading Macrae to Krunchy Nuts for Mitch Duncan

7. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

@JoshyC you're taking the piss aren't you? I was happy to do the right thing and give Macrae back after picking him up as a free agent, only for you to now trade a 32 y/o def averaging 77 for him! You can't be serious? I told you I was willing to give Holky either Perryman or Idun for Macrae. Both are more valuable than Duncan! Even Degoey I offered!

• Like Like x 4
  8. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

@JoshyC , because apparently you cannot see it, I'll point it out. You have a clear conflict of interest - you interfered in a previous transaction and now you have traded for the same player. You need to step back and unwind this "trade." Otherwise you are threatening the integrity of Addicts.

A way forward is to have an auction in this thread. No deals behind peoples backs - a fully transparent process.

• Like Like x 1
  9. snoz

snoz Moderator

@JoshyC, because you are involved in this trade and the original FA reversal, as the Asst Commish, I am vetoing it effective immediately. @HOLKY, Jack Macrae must remain on your squad for the remainder of this season. If you want to cut him then that's fine, but he cannot be traded or released until the season is over. If Macrae gets an LTI, he can be released but he cannot be picked up by anyone until the PSD next year.

10. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

this trade is not proceeding, Holky is fine to trade Macrae to anyone bar me.

11. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

We need to clear up the two conflicting views expressed by @snoz and @JoshyC above. I suggest it is not healthy to proceed without clarity about the status of Jack Macrae.

For mine, I think snoz's ruling should stand, at least in the short term, while any Addict who wishes to express an opinion does so.

12. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

I liked your idea Graeme of an auction. If Holky is still keen to move Macrae on then throw it open to everyone to make some offers and then we can all see what's happening and he'll get a fair exchange.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Okay. @Tylo I didn't see your offer. @snoz he scored 59 in the forward line of a 75 point win with 75% game time. He's fallen off.
    So he's essentially a dead spot. I may as well be playing with 19.

14. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Even if he plays well tonight, I don't like being forced to keep a certain player. I tried offloading him because I was told that the only way to drop him would be to trade him.

15. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

I just feel sorry for the Macrae family watching this saga unfold... football players are people too!

As for @HOLKY i agree he shouldn’t be forced to hold him but he’s a hold for most because his scoring could dramatically change with opportunity. He scored 87 last night and probably took advantage of Sanders being subbed off? Maybe Sanders is due a rest and Macrae gets his chance.

16. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Trying to predict what Beveridge will do is near on impossible. Caleb Daniel copping it too now. Just glad I'm not a dogs supporter, it must be a nightmare to watch your coach ruining quality players.

I agree it's unfair on Holky that he should be forced to hold a player that he doesn't want. That's why I think an open auction is the way to go.

17. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

agreed - do an auction, that's a really good idea. first and final style - one bid best bid

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024