2100's - 1700's what did I do?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by MorphiusX, Jun 3, 2013.

1. MorphiusX

MorphiusX New Member

I dont know what happened this season I started off well but I am now scoring 1700-1800 im not quite sure where I went wrong. Suggestions would be great
    Defenders B.Houli (Rich), S.Burgoyne (Haw), T.Richards (Syd) B.Guerra (Haw). J.Gwilt (St.K), J.Thurlow (Geel) Bench - J.Frost (Coll), P.Yagmoor (Coll)
    Midfielders J.Watson (Ess), S.Mitchell (Haw), S.Thompson (Adel), L.Montagna (St.K) J.O'Meara (GCS) L.Hodge (Haw), O.Wines (Port), N.Vlastuin (Rich) Bench LWhitfield (GWS), J.Viney (Melb)
    Rucks J.Roughead (Haw), M.Blicavs (Geel) Bench M.Daw (NM), S.O'hAilpin (GWS)
    Forwards N.Riewoldt (St.K), L.Franklin (Haw), J.Riewoldt (Rich) L.Breust (Haw), J.Neade (Port), A.Black (NM) Bench S.Dwwyer (Coll) T.O'Brien (Haw)
    Every round im scoring well below the projected scores. My team value also went front 12,8m down to 11.2m
    Any major adjustments would be helpful to know and also anyone I should have that I dont.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

mate it looks like you have a lot of mid range PODs in your team - perhaps better to target the GAJ's, swan and pendles of this world along with a few breakouts it would help if you post your startign Rd1 team then your roudn by roudn trades then a few of the smart cookeis could tell you a bit more !

3. G-Train

G-Train Member

MorphiusX wrote:
    I dont know what happened this season I started off well but I am now scoring 1700-1800 im not quite sure where I went wrong. Suggestions would be great
    Defenders B.Houli (Rich), S.Burgoyne (Haw), T.Richards (Syd) B.Guerra (Haw). J.Gwilt (St.K), J.Thurlow (Geel) Bench - J.Frost (Coll), P.Yagmoor (Coll)
    Midfielders J.Watson (Ess), S.Mitchell (Haw), S.Thompson (Adel), L.Montagna (St.K) J.O'Meara (GCS) L.Hodge (Haw), O.Wines (Port), N.Vlastuin (Rich) Bench LWhitfield (GWS), J.Viney (Melb)
    Rucks J.Roughead (Haw), M.Blicavs (Geel) Bench M.Daw (NM), S.O'hAilpin (GWS)
    Forwards N.Riewoldt (St.K), L.Franklin (Haw), J.Riewoldt (Rich) L.Breust (Haw), J.Neade (Port), A.Black (NM) Bench S.Dwwyer (Coll) T.O'Brien (Haw)
    Every round im scoring well below the projected scores. My team value also went front 12,8m down to 11.2m
    Any major adjustments would be helpful to know and also anyone I should have that I dont. Roughly, you should be aiming for either rookies that play, premium players (around 110 average) and at the start of the season a few mid pricers that you expect to make cash. Only 12 or so of your 30 fit that description, so you won't get very high scores unfortunately.
    To fix that try trading down some of your mature priced rookies into playing rookies that haven't gone up in price yet, and then use the cash to upgrade your poor scoring players.

4. The Bomb Mob

The Bomb Mob Guest

MorphiusX, I agree with the above two posts that you have got to many POD's and left field selections. Whilst it is admirable that you have not gone with a cookie-cutter team there is a reason why all of our teams look similar. Generally there is only a small pool of AFL players that score enough points to justify their price tag. Just because a player is a great player in real life, doesnt mean that they are any use in fantasy football. Your midfield is fine but in your backline Houli, Burgoyne, Richards, Guerra and Gwilt are not the sort of players you want to target (maybe one or two POD's but thats all). Your forward line is not to bad either although you have gone for a lot of tall, marking forwards who are generally inconsistant from week to week. Hopefully you have a few trades left.

5. MorphiusX

MorphiusX New Member

Thanks for the advice im looking into rookies that can still score something a lot of research :) so i can trade down some guys to free up some funds