3300 rule V GWS 2012 V GCS 2011

Discussion in 'AFL' started by russkoit, Mar 13, 2012.

1. russkoit

russkoit New Member

What is everyones thoughts on the 3300 rule and GWS? In 2011 when the gold coast came into the comp we didn't really know how much in favour of the team playing against the GC would be affected, as we seen tho, Ablett still managed to dominate scoring for his team. this year with GWS going a different way( by not getting a super elite player) do you think that if 1 of the GWS boys get say 30 touches and is clear of the rest of the GWS boys by 6 or more touches will that 1 player score more than that of the opposition who did the same for there team?
    I personally think yes, because that player had more of a influence so the natural weighting of the points would add 10+ points to that player, whilst the bulk of the points go to the opposition.
    So out of the players that have been recruited who do you think will lead the possessions ( or score the highest) for the GWS?

2. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

Coniglio, scully or ward you would think

3. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

I don't really agree with that assessment.

Ablett is Ablett and he was worth every 'influence' point he got and really kept GC in many of the contests late in the year. GWS just don't have someone like that, not even close.

To answer the question though, it will come from one of the AFL ready recruits, Ward or Scully. I can see Scully, with his running, getting the attention and Ward ending up the highest scorer.

4. russkoit

russkoit New Member

@j-in-jap, what you said about ablett is what i ment, so out of those afl ready players if 1 dominates will they get influence points? maybe could be worth 10-20 points to the dominant player from gws on the day?

5. Tango

Tango New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't influence weighted to stats accumulated while the game is in the balance? If GCS's 2011 performances are anything to go by, then influence points will only be in play for all of 5 minutes before the game becomes a blow out. GC also did well in the NAB Cup last year, but once the season proper hit, they were on the end of some incredibly one-sided matches, and I think GWS will do even worse than GCS due to the lack of star quality in their list.