$320,800 in bank and Fyfe - how to improve my team?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by gish, May 2, 2012.

1. gish

gish New Member

I have $320,800 in the bank and 20 trades. Team is:

Back: Deledio, Scotland, Malceski, Shaw, Lake, Bugg, Ellis (Morris, Townsend)
    Mids: Ablett, Murphy, Boyd, J Selwood, Sheil, Magner (Treloar, Coniglio)
    Ruck: Kruezer, Giles (Redden, Big O)
    Fwd: Goodes, Martin, Fyfe, Porps, Franklin, A Kennedy, D Smith (Smedts, Cameron)

Okay the obvious issue is Fyfe. I have played around with trades and have come up with Fyfe>Pendlebury (via MPP with Treloar) and Smith>Darling. Leaves me with a measly $16,700.

I am pretty set on the Fyfe>Pendlebury trade even though I sacrifice the mid/fwd MPP. I'm just not sure whether to upgrade Smith to Darling or to downgrade to Pfieffer and pocket some cash for an upgrade next week.

Also any opinions on Pendlebury vs Swan?

Thanks in advance!

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Looking at your side i think your mids are fine for now. Porps is most likely out this week, cant see Smedts keeping his spot either. So you could be little short up front..

Id be trading Fyfe & Smith for 2 of Sidebottom/Dangerfield/Beams/ROK/Lewis/N.Riewoldt

3. gish

gish New Member

Dangerfield and Lewis were on the radar, and yes I agree re the dismal forward line! I think I got excited with the possibility of bringing Pendles in! If Ablett wasn't on the sidelines I probably wouldn't even be thinking about it so hopefully he comes up this week. Cheers.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

If you've got Sidey my crosshair is definitely focussed on Lewis or Danger. Still not convinced about Danger, not jumping on him after one game against Port.

5. weedoo

weedoo Guest

stkildathunda, what's your reasoning as to why ROK is even a consideration at all?

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on May 1, 2012, 21:22
    Still not convinced about Danger, not jumping on him after one game against Port. </blockquote>

93, 92, 99, 91, 141

Pretty damn consistent so far this year.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from alex_naumovski on May 1, 2012, 21:32
    stkildathunda, what's your reasoning as to why ROK is even a consideration at all?</blockquote>

Might need to see 1 more game but he looks set to explode as he does every year. His earlier games were sub effected i think, bringing his average down... But also a POD compared to others and proven performer over the years.

8. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Danger has a bad draw up until the byes.

9. jibba

jibba Member

I'd go Fyfe to Chapman, and Devon Smith to Pfieffer
    Chapman is a proven performer and looks set to average 100. I see him as being in the top 7 forwards this year.
    Pfieffer has some damn good job security now with Gray out. He is mature aged and looks like a great option to make some cash until Round 13, or use as a F9 for the whole year.

my two cents

10. gish

gish New Member

Do you think it's better to trade Smedts rather than Smith? Just thinking that Smith may have the better JS.

11. Miner_Mayhem

Miner_Mayhem New Member

<blockquote>Quote from gish on May 2, 2012, 09:59
    Do you think it's better to trade Smedts rather than Smith? Just thinking that Smith may have the better JS.</blockquote>

My gut feel (being a Geelong supporter) is that Smedts will still get alot of game time, therefore still a bit of &#36; to be made whereas Smith might be nearing his peak?

I also have the problem of having Fyfe. Having Dangerfield already and not really seeing much of Sidebottom nor really believing he will be top 10 FWD, am I crazy to be thinking Fyfe > Goodes? I havent seen that trade mentioned once...