4 trade plan input?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by julz1986, Jun 5, 2011.

1. julz1986

julz1986 New Member

Alrighty this is my 2nd year of playing SC and this year I'm going very aggressive.
    Currently I'm ranked 3900 range and I'm sitting 7-0 in my league between friends. Basically I'm not really fussed about winning that as I believe finals series can be a bit of luck boxing.
    Ideally I just want to try and finish as high as I can, I don't expect to win but top 1k or higher would be great.

ATM I have about $265k left over the next two weeks I plan to do..
    Harris to Priddis
    Darling to Didak
    Heppell to Harvey
    Lower to Adcock

That'll leave me with the following line up..
    Backs:
    Deledio fisher Gibbs shaw adcock broughton suckling
    Otten hibberd Jacobs

Midfield:
    Pendlebury mundy ablett priddis Goddard cotchin
    Prestia polec didak

Ruck:
    Cox sandliands
    Petrie Campbell

Forward:
    Sylvia Harvey Franklin goodes pavlich j.riewoldt Yarran
    Krakouer mzungu hale

That'll leave me with $0 and only six trades for the season but I feel I've got depth MPP to cover hopefully only short term injuries, I've tried to limit Carlton, essendon, Geelong players for league finals

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

U said up top u think finals is box luck yet u avoid these teams with finals byes

Personally I'd get Goddard in the backlit and try get a better premium in the mids maybe a hodge

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Darling to Didak is a waste of a trade. He is the biggest spud going round this year and Darling at least has scored a ton. Not to mention he couldnt even get his breakeven when it was 73 :O

As Fez said get Goddard and better mids then Priddis & Cotchin.

4. jibba

jibba Member

Goddard is in his mids.

I also agree that Darling to Didak isn't worth it.
    I also think that trading out Heppell isn't the best idea, I'd be more inclined to somehow push on Yarran to a premium, if you don't care about finals, bring in Chapman/S.Johnson

I don't like the Lower to Adcock trade, instead of that play Heppell as your D7.
    Then use lower's cash to upgrade your forwards, ie: Kraka/Yarran/Darling to Premium

5. homerj

homerj Member

Agree with all of the above. As a long suffering Didak owner who stupidly enough has had him from the start, I would say STEER CLEAR!! He really is stinking it up; I know Darling (who I've got also) hasn't been the best lately but at least he didn't cost you $500K!!

I would steer clear of Adcock at the moment too, I brought him 2 weeks ago and he's been nothing but crap since.

Why don't you swap Goddard with Hibberd/Jacobs and get Goddard into the defence and replace his position in the midfield with another gun midfielder. Then you still have a good backline and don't have to trade for Adcock, plus you also get another good midfielder too. Best of both worlds.

6. homerj

homerj Member

Also you will need to see what happens with Sylvia now he's injured again and whether you might have to trade him worst luck.

7. julz1986

julz1986 New Member

The reason Goddard is in my midfield is because I'm using him almost as my D8 when byes happen for the others I can swing him back there and use my fwd/mids to cover him.

As for didak he probably wouldn't be starting on the field anyway as I have a full fwd line with kraks, mzungu, petrie that could play in there also. But if you do your research on Didak he hits form normally from round 13-15 onwards has always been like that on his SC graphs for the last few years.
    Also I'm trying to avoid Geelong players as they seem to be resting them every now n then and finals.