A 2011 Retrospective. Part I

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Pecks, Aug 31, 2011.

By Pecks on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:00 AM
  1. Pecks

Pecks New Member

Welcome to the first in a series of three retrospectives from the biggest names in SuperCoach this year. Were kicking it off with the current third place side YamumLuvsBigCox.

Thats right, not Joshuas Team!

So tune in over the break to catch his own personal view of the season so far- writen from the unique angle of not actually knowing who won yet! :D

<!--more-->

STARTING TEAM
    DEF: Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Lower, Heppell, Duigan (Stanley, Toy, Coad)
    MID: Swan, Selwood, Murphy, Boyd, Krakouer, Liberatore (Harris, Berwick, Atley)
    RUCK: Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Tippett)
    FWD: Pavlich, Goodes, N. Riewoldt, Franklin, Higgins, Petrie, Darling (Tapscott, Richardson, Matera)

Picking my starting team was a balance of not having too many players out with the three multi bye rounds, not compromising on must have premiums and very few injury prone players because I thought that with the byes injuries could ruin your year. Then there was looking for value; Boyd for example was very durable and with the change to champion data scoring with regards to turnovers he has increased his output 7-8 pts per game. Goodes price was low and Murphy was due for a break out year. The rookies pretty much picked themselves a lot of value in the Gold Coast.

One lineball decision I had was in tossing up between Higgins, Fyfe and Yarran. I went Higgins because of the round 6 bye and preseason form. He scored well went up in price and I didnt flinch about trading him so I cant complain.

My trading plan was 2 trades before the price rise and 1 sideways during the first 3 multi bye rounds if needed, then try to trade hard to get in a good position early.

THROUGH THE YEAR

RoundScoreRankingTrades

122997345No Trades

223751769No Trades

322136541 Trade
    <td colspan="4">
    Atley > Curnow

&nbsp;

423035161 Trade
    <td colspan="4">
    Bewick > Prestia
    <td colspan="4">
    Saved a donut with MPP to Fwd

&nbsp;

5233427No Trades

61953432 Trades
    <td colspan="4">
    Coad > L. Thopmson
    <td colspan="4">
    Franklin > Harvey
    <td colspan="4">
    This was my Sideways trade I had allowed for. People might say thats stupid but I made $80,000 and Harvey did have a great month after that.

&nbsp;

72239302 Trades
    <td colspan="4">
    Higgins > Iles
    <td colspan="4">
    Matera > Chapman

&nbsp;

82155262 Trades
    <td colspan="4">
    Curnow > I. Smith
    <td colspan="4">
    Duigan > Fisher

&nbsp;

9258562 Trades
    <td colspan="4">
    L. Thompson > Puopolo
    <td colspan="4">
    Krakouer > Pendles

&nbsp;

102113101 Trade
    <td colspan="4">
    Stanley > Jacobs

&nbsp;

11240832 Trades
    <td colspan="4">
    Tapscott > Mzungu
    <td colspan="4">
    Liberatore > Priddis
    <td colspan="4">
    Should have gotten Ablett!  This is the week they changed my name to Joshuas team :(

&nbsp;

12239821 Trade
    <td colspan="4">
    Darling > OKeefe

&nbsp;

13228222 Trades
    <td colspan="4">
    Toy > Strauss
    <td colspan="4">
    Selwood > Mitchell
    <td colspan="4">
    One of my best trades great POD

&nbsp;

14225321 Trade
    <td colspan="4">
    Harris > Sylvia
    <td colspan="4">
    What a spud

&nbsp;

15227752 Trades
    <td colspan="4">
    Sandilands > Moran
    <td colspan="4">
    Iles > Scotland

&nbsp;

16230731 Trade
    <td colspan="4">
    Smith > McEvoy

1724422No Trades

1824485No Trades

19274632 Trades
    <td colspan="4">
    Mzungu > Franklin
    <td colspan="4">
    Lower > Birchall

&nbsp;

2025063No Trades

2124752No Trades

2222713No Trades

23244132 Trades
    <td colspan="4">
    Sylvia > Didak
    <td colspan="4">
    Pavlich > Ablett
    <td colspan="4">
    Last roll of the dice, Didak is a wildcard and mpp and I needed to neutralise ablett as a POD

Happy with my year to date and the trades Ive made. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Im in a position to win going into the last round! Its been a long and stressful year and its almost over. I would like to thank TooSerious. The articles and information on your site have been a great help you have done a fantastic job Walesy. I wish you and this site the best of luck in the future. Lucas, Jasmine, holey and everyone else thanks for the help, chats, advice friendly banter over the season its great to be a part of such a great community.

To my mate Snuggles who Im playing in the GF of my only league (Yamums Fantasy league) and Prompts and Shagga GAME ON !!!!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Pecks, Aug 31, 2011.