Ablett v Swan (DT Captain)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by easty01, Aug 26, 2011.

1. easty01

easty01 New Member

G'Day all - I know our focus here is on SC but I figure there'll be a few DTers lurking as well...

My question is a simple one: Ablett or Swan for captain this week in DT?

SWAN - carving it in DT

L5 - 119, 137, 155, 171, 118
    Avg vs Freo - 120
    Avg at Subiaco - 120

Likely to rack up big points in junk time after the weakened Dockers line-up fades

ABLETT - back to his best last week

L5 - 142, 106, 118, 97, 101
    Avg vs Melb - 112
    Avg at MCG - 110

Playing Melbourne who are bleeding points at the moment with Bartram/McKenzie and co doing SFA as taggers.

The ticker favours Ablett, recent form (and my PF opponent) favours Swan. What are your thoughts?

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

If your opponent is going Swan (or seemingly)
    Then;
    If you attack, then go Ablett - can gain points in your match but also has equal amount of chance to lose ground if Swan goes larger then Ablett

If you defend, then go Swan - means a definite nil all draw withthe Captain choice and leaves if up to the rest of your team, however without knowing what both of your teams look like, I don't know exactly who the defensive tactic will favour

I reckon go attacking with Ablett, this week I'm attacking in 3 prelims with Stevie J (SC)

3. easty01

easty01 New Member

Cheers, Sainter

I'm very tempted to go on the offensive as my opponent always has the C on Swan and I'm always around 20-70 points behind them.

Both of us down to only a couple of trades so whoever we do or don't bring in might also tip the scales.

Whether I attack or defend shouldn't effect the result of my other prelims but could definitely swing this one.

Decisions, decisions!