Adam Goodes out for 6 weeks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SuperCoachSuperStar, May 8, 2012.

1. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

2. FlyUp

FlyUp Member

5 including his bye, not that I think he's worth rotting on the bench for that long. The big Q is who to come in for him?

3. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Well thats another premium trade that needs adressing!! FFS can this season get any worse , that makes , mummy , fyfe , ablett and goodes all traded out!! Got 7 qtrs out of goodes!! So much for going with one of the most consistent and durable sc players to secure the team a little!! Looking at him on the weekend was thinking 1-2 weeks but 5 is too long?? That once again chucks out any trade stratergy i had ths week, was originally gonna go double down grade or possibly 1 down and bring beams/roughead!! Guess i can still do that but alot of money on the bench again!!

4. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Double down grade seems the best option as a damn shame about Goodesy but good that players are about to Pop! Goodes Out -------> Adams IN.

5. funkyc

funkyc Member

The irony!
    I usually avoid any player over 28 yrs.
    I traded Fyfe to Goodes.
    I only did this due to reading about Goodes missing only 7 games in 300 or so!
    I thought "he must be the exception".
    Wrong!!!!!

6. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Sydney are cagey foxes.

Parker out for 4 back in 2. Goodes out for 6 back in 3 max. Mark my words :) .

7. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Funny you said that, I'm gonna keep him on for a bit if GAJ comes back this week. :D

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Junkie, I can't agree this time.
    Sydney have the bye in Round 12, so they will just set him for a Round 13 return. Given his age, no need to risk anything, and the good start for the year (and playing GWS and GC once more this year) gives a cushion.

It means he will "only" miss 5 games, but will be cherry ripe later in the season - which is to be honest when the Swans need him, as their draw is pretty tough in the 2nd half of the year (while it was softer early).