Alex Johnson - job security?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by anthak, May 6, 2011.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

anyone know much about the bloke?

There are a few Swans/Bloods supporters around here. Any info would be much appreciated.

2. anthak

seems an obvious dg in defense. especially as he is getting picked again.

but would like to hear some news about him, as i dont know much of him

3. anthak

anyone?

4. Zander

Zander Moderator

I hear crickets....

I would like to know too.

5. hippy

hippy New Member

I'm Swans, but can't give you much unfortunately. The only game I've managed to see he didn't play.

Gut feel is that JS is ok for a few weeks (until Malceski comes back).

6. anthak

Thanks. Think I may pick him up. I would rather hutchins from gc, but they have a bye coming up. But if johnson gets dropped again, then its much of a muchness. I suppose there is more chance of johnson playing the next 3 games, than hutchins lol.
    Plus, i'm probably going to the sydney bulldogs game tomoz, so it will be good to see him run around. Not that I would pick him based on that alone of course. Just a bonus

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

193cm forward/back
    84kg
    19 years old
    BIO: The tall youngster who was taken at pick #57 in last years national draft. Can play either end of the grund and takes a strong mark. Can run all day but is "likely" to be in Sydney's long term plans and will be a project player in 2011.
    Not saure about the last part as he's playing his 3rd game for this year, and missed the last one with a hamstring niggle or something, scored 50 and 42 in his first 2 matches this year. I have definitely been keeping one eye open for him through this season and almost clicked that trade button, thought I would wait and see, but good choice if your looking for instant cash. But if your a patient man maybe Cam pedersone would be the way to go, scored 14 in his 114 and hasn't been sighted since, but HES IN for Lachie Hansen who has pulled out. So he's definitely worth looking at.

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Had a hamstring injury recently which saw him miss some game time during R5 and also miss R6 with the injury.

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

You and me both Ant - can't be worse than Dixon/Richardson.

10. anthak

thanks everyone!

good to know why he missed R6. and that he missed some of r5 too.

they must like him to bring him straight back in.

sold!

11. suther

suther Member

Before his first game I remember seeing an article where the swans touted him as an athletic dynamo. Though I watched his first games though didnt see an of that.

With Kennelly now back...and Malcheski back training, js will be OK for a few weeks only, but possibly enough to get coin into the kitty.

12. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Hi Lads,

I just traded him in for Duigan who looks to have peaked. Cashed up to allow Higgins->Pav.

Best part about Johnson (in comparison to Pederson) is D/F so i can swap him with McKernan to fill my gaps...i have plenty of coverage on the pine too so not likely to play until i cash him in or hold long term....a strategic trade down!

13. crew

crew New Member

Thing to remember is last time Eski had lars took him a full season to show form. I had him in 09 and he averaged about 55 for the season hence his low starting price in 2010. So when Eski comes back it's not a lock that he will even hold his spot so I feel that Johnson will be dropped but get some games during the season.