am I missing something? dual position switch...

Discussion in 'AFL' started by damnfunky, Dec 16, 2011.

1. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

I'm trying to understand...so the new part is that you'd be able to do this from the trade screen....as opposed to just switching goddard to DEF and trading from there? or am I missing something...

"Next season the new trade screen will allow coaches to swap DPP players for a replacement in any of their available positions, provided you have another DPP player to cover them.

For example, if Brendon Goddard (listed as a midfielder and defender) is in your midfield and you want to trade him out, until now you only had the option of swapping him for another midfielder.

Next year you can trade out Goddard from your midfield, switch another mid/def player (say, Bryce Gibbs) into the middle and trade in a defender."

2. KissKiss

KissKiss New Member

This confused me to but then it makes sense if it works like how walesy put it on the front page:

- Trades can now occur in a package of sorts, meaning you do all your trades at once. This allows you to move your DPP players between positions throughout the trade
    ie: Let’s say I have Paddy Ryder (F/R) up forward, and am looking to trade out the injured Cox (touch wood) – even without the DPP link in the rucks, I’d be able to trade Cox out for a forward and move Paddy to the Rucks within the one trade.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

They Herald Scum stuffed up, as the saying goes dont trust a word they say!!. They also have Impromptu down as the 2012 winner of supercoach!! No need to bother going for overall now!!

4. The difference DamnFunky will be that you don't need anyone in Defense with MPP to switch Goddard with to trade him for a defender

5. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Rookie DPP are very valuable now you can for example trade your midfielders for forwards (As long as you have a FWD/MID in your forward line).

6. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I'm still a little stumped as to exactly how this works - but if I'm reading it correctly, it means that I can have a rookie M/F on my mids bench, and when Buddy goes down with an 8 week hammy I can trade him out for Pendles... That doesn't sound too bad at all!