An opportunity to see what happens

Discussion in 'AFL' started by anthak, Jun 16, 2012.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I know that if you have two emergencies on the same line and 1 is required, then the em with the lower score is the one to come on, but I have often wondered what would happen if one of those emergencies did not play themselves.

I presume that the playing emergency would come on, despite scoring more than the non playing em, but I could never be sure of that.

Well, one of my opponents in DT has Giles and Minson as their starting ruckmen, with both Kreuzer and the big O as emergencies. Now we all know that Stephenson and Giles, both aren't playing this week - so we have an experiment on our hands :)

I wonder if Kreuzers score will count or whether the big O will come on despite not playing.

Time will tell...

2. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

lol if a player doesn't play, they don't get zero, they just don't factor.

Therefore the playing EMG comes into play.

Why would you think otherwise?

3. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from hellraisers on June 15, 2012, 22:47
    lol if a player doesn't play, they don't get zero, they just don't factor.

Therefore the playing EMG comes into play.

Why would you think otherwise?</blockquote>
    I said that that was what I presumed would happen. This situation my opponent is in will confirm it though. Thats all.

4. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Sorry I wrote that last night when I'd had a few drinks, didn't mean to sound rude.

But yeah it would hurt if Big O's score of zilch counted instead of Kreuzer's 98, it won't happen though. A person needs to play and somehow get 0 points for it to be counted as a "lower score" than another playing EMG.

I wonder why someone would set Stephenson as EMG when he has the bye?

5. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

<blockquote>Quote from hellraisers on June 16, 2012, 10:41

But yeah it would hurt if Big O's score of zilch counted instead of Kreuzer's 98, it won't happen though. A person needs to play and somehow get 0 points

</blockquote>

Ryan Crowley managed it :)

6. anthak

yeah there are regularly players that even score negatives, and it would obviously be that player that would come on. we know thats the rule, but this was an opportunity to see if the non playing emergency comes on as the lower scorer,
    and has turned out as we expected - They dont.

In the example ive explained above, Kreuzers score is being included over Stephenson's 0.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Tigersfor2012 on June 16, 2012, 18:14

But yeah it would hurt if Big O's score of zilch counted instead of Kreuzer's 98, it won't happen though. A person needs to play and somehow get 0 points

</blockquote>

Ryan Crowley managed it :) </blockquote>

Problem with that score by Crowley is we have no way to know if emergencies came into play or if they fixed that little loophole as noone in their right mind would have Crowley in their side!

8. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on June 16, 2012, 22:53
    <blockquote>Quote from Tigersfor2012 on June 16, 2012, 18:14

</blockquote>

Ryan Crowley managed it :) </blockquote>

Problem with that score by Crowley is we have no way to know if emergencies came into play or if they fixed that little loophole as noone in their right mind would have Crowley in their side!</blockquote>

That's what I thought until that particular round; my opponent had him there and as a POD vice-captain!!! Imagine if it was his captain!!! :D