Analysis of Top 50 players

Discussion in 'AFL' started by markso, Jun 3, 2011.

1. markso

markso New Member

First time poster, long time listener :)

Based on my supercoach spreadsheet I have extracted the top 50 players based on current average and have found the following very interesting:

No of rucks: 7 (Cox, Sandi, Mumford, Goldstein, Jamar, Ottens and Griffin(*))

(*) only 1 game thus far

No of forwards: 3 (Buddy, Stevie J and Roughie)

No of backs: 4 (Fisher, Shaw, Adcock and Newman)

Which leaves us 36 players in the midfield with 8 of them having MPP eligibility.

21 of those 36 have all seen a price drop by an average of $60k.

All bar 2 of the other positions have seen a price drop (one in the rucks, and another in the defenders).

Most added player in the top 50 last round - Dean Cox (33,011) with Ablett second (10,074)

5 players in the top 50 have 8 ton's to their name: Pendlebury, Mundy, Sandi, Boyd and Priddis.

Jonathon Griffin aside, Daniel Wells is the least selected Top 50 player at 3790 selections.

Don't think I'm breaking any new ground here but found it interesting that there is such a dearth of forwards and defenders and such availability of quality mids and rucks.

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Thanks.

That's why we went Cox-Sandi.

That's why 90 is the new 100 for forwards/backs and 120 is the new 100 (or 110) for mids.

HOWEVER - I would have preferred you put the MPP non-mids into their respective lines.

That would have put Pavlich as a forward as well as Scotland, Goddard etc as a back.

That spreads things out a little.

Most added player Cox no surprise. Most traded Sandi to him :)

3. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

How do you find out the most added player?

4. markso

markso New Member

I've downloaded a csv from another site and just subtracted the selections from round 10 to round 9. Gives you the added/dropped figure. Quite interesting. Has led me towards upgrading to Sam Mitchell this week. In under 15,000 teams and only 92 players added him last week. Great POD.