Andrew Swallow

Discussion in 'AFL' started by tk, Apr 13, 2011.

1. tk

tk New Member

I'm a bit confused by the stats and salary prediction for Andrew Swallow.

I'm thinking of bringing him into my team. I want to bring in a premium-keeper this week (I have the cash) and I like the fact that he won't have another bye until R21.

But my decision is based in part on how much his salary might go down in the near future (ie it might be worth waiting a week until he gets past Freo at home, and then hits Richmond and Port).

The stats sheet says his salary will go down $11,924 this week, which I presumed is a prediction based on him getting 106 this week (ie his playing avg so far this year). I can cope with that kind of drop in price, particularly as it's half reasonable to think he'll score more than 106 - so I won't be far off buying in at a low point.

However, the Salary Prediction sheet seems to contradict this and it says that his salary will go down $38,612 next week. I would have thought this would also be based on his playing average so far this year. But this is obviously a lot more than on the stats sheet, and it doesn't sound so good.

The break even on the stats sheet doesn't seem to match up with the implied break even on the Salary Prediction sheet either. ie if you put in the BE score from the stats sheet into the calculator, the salary still goes down by ~$27K.

Can anyone clarify? I'm very confused. Am I missing something about how the salary predictions are evaluated for the purposes of the stats sheet and the salary calculator sheet?

Thanks.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

the predictors are 'broken' around the bye - walesy said he was trying to fix it.

the salary predictor graph is telling you he dropped in price between R2 and R4 - you know that is wrong because he didn't play R3.

i'd guess that based on the BE of 133 (assuming it is correct) he'd drop around the $11k figure from the stats page.

3. tk

tk New Member

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Cheers