Barry Hall set to announce his retirement

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Steve, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

What will Bazza be remembered for? The number of goals he kicked, being a co-captain of the first Swans premiership side since 1933 or will he be more remembered for his cheap dirty acts that led to suspensions?

Personally I think he will be remembered for the dirty acts, e.g hitting Staker (7 games), gouging the eyes of Primus (5 games) and many others. I like many others believe he should not have played in the 2005 grand final as he got reported in the prelim final against the Saints when he sit someone 100 meters behind the play only for Barry to get off at the tribunal as it was deemed "in play" - WTF?

He has been good for the Bulldogs since he joined last year and he is one of the very few genuine hard men left in football.

What are your thoughts?

2. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I cant spell, it should have hit someone behind the play in the prelim final, lol

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Congratulations to Ex-Saint Barry Hall who is set to announce his retirement today. Hall played 88 games for out mighty club and kicked 144 goals. Barry Hall has played total of 283 games over 3 different clubs and kicked 715 goals.

Will be remembered mainly as a Swan, he was far from a Saint onfield but I will always have a soft spot for the big bloke.

4. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

It's incidents such as Barry Hall being able to play in the 2005 grand final that ruins the 'integrity' of the game. That was an absolute farce. West Coast would almost definitely have won.

Back to Barry hall, good on him for giving it a crack. He is one tough mofo and I think that he'll be remembered for being a tough, hard footballer, whose success was somewhat tainted by controversy.