Bench Problems

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 11kgm, Mar 26, 2011.

1. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

I was wanting to know how i can improve my bench i have 32k, my bench is Buckley, Lower, Duigan, Swallow, Heppell, Harris, Vickery, Smith, Post, C Richardson and Matera. My main worry is post he is worth 180k neary, thanks in advance.

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

C'mon down MODS.

3. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Prob just need to cool it with the language man. We are all gonna be upset about one thing or another. Me...FOLEY!!

4. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Got rid of the swear lol, i had foley and traded out for cotchin but how can i repair my bench

5. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

I considered Cotchin but chose Foley..not happy!!

I think your bench is fine...excepting Post...dont know much about him but I would be going cheaper..GCS Dixon looks an option

6. PinkBatts

PinkBatts New Member

Ditch post, tapscott or dixon far better propositions and puts 70k in your kitty.

7. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

i reckon tapscott should rack up more points than post

8. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Any of Tapscott and Darling, who are named in their respective sides this week, or even Dixon who looks like being the #1 fwd target at GCS, would all be better options than Post - I honestly do not think Post really rates in the Tigers top 30 atm!
    However, therein lies your biggest problem - to get rid of him now, you will need to burn a trade because the Tigers have played!

9. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Okay i will have to burn a trade i think, and pick up dixon-what about yarran will he get better

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Yarran could hardly play much worse than he did on Thursday night.

11. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Jason,

Good point. Every SC team has at least one spud at this time of the year, just to test if coaches can keep their hands off that trade button. Mine was Trengove who was monstered by Dawes, but have every confidence he will come good. Much seems to depend on the instructions from the Coach, which can often restrict the natural game of the player in question. Think if you are winning, this might relax a bit. In the case of Yarran, Carlton had their backs to the wall for a while there. Particularly in the case of the aboriginal boys, asking them to play tight just seems to destroy their natural flair and willingness to take the game on.

Was nice of Mick to wait until Krakouer cracked the ton before subbing him off. Super Coaches salute you!

12. Smarch

Smarch Member

Yeah burnt by Yarran and Foley (Raw bum according to Hardwick), hurts even more when like everyone elses round one lament you think of who you moved out for these players when they get over 100. Foley should come good as Hardwick mentioned he should not have played him, more worried about Yarran though as he should have been able to do much better in the period when they were under the pump in the 3rd qtr. Try to hold off on the knee jerk reaction though as it is even worse if you trade and then they make up for it next week by having a blinder, Yarran should at least be better playing the kids.

13. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Not sure why a lot of people picked Yarran? You always knew that opposition coaches were going to put a foward tag on him once the real stuff started. They were not going to let Yarran run free and use the ball well.

14. Smarch

Smarch Member

@Steve - Yeah was just hoping (Blues Supporter here) that they would be able to feed him and his pace would help him break free. Thinking when Bower and the other missing guys from up front and in defence come back he may not be the first to get the forward tag. That is me being the most optimistic blues fan though!

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

The problem with Yarran if you hold onto him is he has shown now that some no name bloke can completely shut him down (no disrespect to the Tiges player)

16. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

I wish Hardwick had just left Foley out. If he was already sus his health.