Best Buys - Round 8

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, May 11, 2016.

By tipbetpro on May 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM
  1. tipbetpro

tipbetpro Active Member

After last week’s holiday, we’ve done our NRL tips again (http://www.tipbetpro.com/#!current-round/kzu9o) and are back focusing on the AFL and SC bargains.

Again we are just looking for an upgrade target for Buy of the Week – it’s that time of year really (Petracca is probably this week’s best downgrade target if you need one).

This week we are again picking someone who has gone down in value since the beginning of the season. Now averaging 110+ as a mid, and priced below $600k, it’s hard to believe that this man is in less than 25% of teams at the moment. He has been a gun mid for years and hasn’t averaged less than 110 since 2009 when he averaged 106. He started a bit slower this year with an 89, and it took until round 5 for him to top 110, but his last 3 scores have been 131, 100 and 143. A lot of you would have him, but for those that don’t and are looking to upgrade a mid, look no further than this week’s buy of the week Scott Pendlebury.

Again, the format below is:
    POSITION Name (CLUB) – current price (expected increase) – AVERAGE

DEFENDERS
    Rookies:

DEF Darcy Tucker (FRE) - 117k (+27k) - AVG=51 (Didn’t play last week – will have to wait and see)
    DEF Jason Castagna (RIC) - 117k (+13k) - AVG=37 (Cheap, but not showing a lot)
    DEF Thomas Lee (STK) - 124k (+42k) - AVG=67 (Didn’t play last week – will have to wait and see)
    DEF Tom Ruggles (GEE) - 187k (+26k) - AVG=62 (Not on the bubble, but still cheap – and playing)

Keepers:
    DEF Courtenay Dempsey (ESS) - 339k (+39k) - AVG=93 (Did well again last week, not a bad average for a defender, especially at his price)
    DEF Alex Rance (RIC) - 549k (+4k) - AVG=105 (A solid option as always)
    DEF Heath Shaw (GWS) - 581k (0k) - AVG=105 (Another solid defender)

Midfielders
    Rookies:

MID Ben Keays (BRL) - 117k (+38k) - AVG=62 (looking good so far and should get more opportunities)
    MID James Polkinghorne (ESS) - 124k (+19k) - AVG=44 (that average isn’t inspiring, and nor is his 35 from last week)
    MID Kieran Lovell (HAW) - 126k (+28k) - AVG=53 (Has done okay, but there are probably better options like Keays or Petracca)
    MID Connor Blakely (FRE) - 160k (+18k) - AVG=50 (who knows with Freo rookies, I thought Tucker was going to stay in the team but I got that wrong)
    MID Josh Smith (COL) - 172k (+38k) - AVG=72 (Still cheap enough if you didn’t pick him up last week)

Keepers:
    MID Callan Ward (GWS) - 582k (+6k) - AVG=118
    MID Scott Pendlebury (COL) - 591k (0k) - AVG=111
    MID Luke PARKER (SYD) - 602k (+1k) - AVG=124
    MID Daniel Hannebery (SYD) - 622k (-2k) - AVG=119
    MID Joel Selwood (GEE) - 624k (+5k) - AVG=119
    MID Patrick Dangerfield (GEE) - 651k (0k) - AVG=129

Rucks
    Keepers:

RUC Nic Naitanui (WCE) - 579k (+4k) - AVG=115
    RUC Max GAWN (MEL) - 647k (+3k) - AVG=127

Forwards
    Rookies:

M/F Christian Petracca (MEL) - 124k (+50k) - AVG=75 (There is only one real fwd rookie option this week)

Keepers:
    FWD Jarrad Waite (NTH) - 538k (-18k) - AVG=115 (Only got 49 last week, is this the start of his dowfall?)
    M/F Dayne Zorko (BRL) - 560k (+1k) - AVG=117 (Looking like the real deal this year)

Still a week away:
    DEF Kaiden Brand (HAW) - 124k - AVG=65
    DEF Aaron MULLETT (NTH) - 200k - AVG=59
    DEF Corey Enright (GEE) - 476k (-12k) - AVG=93 (Has dropped ~40k so far and may drop another 10 or so, one to watch)
    MID Darcy MacPherson (GCS) - 102k - AVG=77 (A very decent first game, lets’ see if he can back it up)
    MID Jordan Lewis (HAW) - 431k (-4k) - AVG=86 (Has dropped 123k and has a poor average, one to watch for that cheap upgrade)
    MID Josh P. Kennedy (SYD) - 546k - AVG=102 (Another player who has dropped in value, JPK is 50k cheaper than he was at the start of the season, but I’d like to see one more good game)
    M/F Mason Redman (ESS) - 117k - AVG=45
    M/F Benjamin Crocker (COL) - 117k - AVG=33
    FWD Jarrod Garlett (GCS) - 185k - AVG=58
    M/F Leigh Montagna (STK) - 534k (-5k) - AVG=104 (Monty has decrease by ~65k now, but he got 130 on the weekend which may be a sign of things to come or maybe just a statistical anomaly – let’s wait a week)

So that’s Best Buys for this week.
    Good luck to all with your trades and hopefully some wins on the weekend. For all your trade discussion feel free to join us in the comments section below.

Cheers
    http://www.tipbetpro.com/ - your statistically tested guide to tipping and betting on AFL and NRL

• Like Like x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, May 11, 2016.

1. RPritch
      RPritch
      What's the reasoning behind Kade Simpson and Dustin Martin not making the cut for Buys of the Week?
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Boulderdash
      Boulderdash
      I think this is make or break week. With Adams not playing & the defenders taking a hit all season, which 2 do the stats suggest keeping for the season out of the following 3:
      1. Laird,
      2.Suckling,
      3. Adams
      and - which one of the following 3 to bring in:
      A. K Simpson,
      B. Rance,
      C. Docherty
    3. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      With Kade, it was simply a cut-off for keepers. I made it 105 for defenders and Rance and Shaw made this cut-off, Simpson did not (just).
      I also wonder whether his recent good form will continue when Carlton start losing games.
      Equally Boyd, Docherty and Gibson would have all made the cut if I lowered it to 100.

As for Dusty, again I only list a couple of keepers - but he has done well, just not high enough to instantly earn him a spot in the "keepers" section and his expected rise didn't raise alarm bells either.
      In hindsight I think I would add him to the wait a week column as I wouldn't mind seeing one more good game - before his last 2 decent scores he got 81, 83 and 79.
      • Like Like x 3
    4. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      Well all things being equal, I'd keep Laird if you can - but then you should probably dump Suckling as I think there is at least some chance of Adams playing.
      And of those 3, if you can afford him I'd get Rance.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. RPritch
      RPritch
      Agree with you on this one
    6. jp
      jp
      Damn you, I got pendles in this week, you better not curse him. o_O
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Boulderdash
      Boulderdash
      Thanks for your thoughts Tipbetpro.
      Going with the plan that this will hopefully be the 2nd last (or last) defender trade for the year, I've decided on the following:
      Rance is in, Adams is out - will carry Laird & Suckling until they play again.
      Either Adams or Suckling traded out will leave me with no bench cover for this week. so no difference there.
      No more Defender trades means keeping Suckling over Adams.
      Also Adams is close to his BE and if I am not keeping him, then this will be the week to trade him.
      Will still leave 106K in the kitty (instead of 168K for trading Suckling to Simpson).
      (Shaw, AMT, Brown (Ess), Hartley, Wagner are the rest of the Def).
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Nick
      Nick
      Double downgrade this week for me:

Mills > Keays
      McGovern > Petracca

Leaves $463k for double upgrade next week.
      • Like Like x 2
    9. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Painting the fence this week.
      McCarthy > Petracca
      Mills > Ward

The likes of Pendles and Dusty might be better options from a be perspective but I think Ward is a must have. The way gws are playing, fixture and historical form/ sc scoring are largely irrelevant.
      • Like Like x 5
    10. CraigC
      CraigC
      Not a bombers fan but any love for Zaharakis? Avge 112 for $501k looks like good value.
      Double downgrade this week for me - McCarthy to Petracca and Mills to Keays. Going shopping in the classy area next week!
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1