Best downgrade option? Brennan, Spurr or Delayney?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by kengw002, May 18, 2012.

1. kengw002

kengw002 New Member

Which is the best downgrade option? Brennan, Spurr or Delayney?

All similar averages and break even stats?

comes down to potential game time and if their repective teams have major defenders coming back into the sides?

What is the analysis of all three's chances to get game time over next 7 weeks or so?

cheers kenna

2. Epicity

Epicity New Member

It's your choice amigo, but Brennan for mine.

1. He's the son of a Weagle champion so Woosha likes him already!
    2. He's talented and his scoring reflects this to date.
    3. Delaney will only get a guernsey because Scott is livid with his lads and wants to prove a point by swinging the meat axe.
    4. I don't trust Lyin Lyons to give Spurr regular action (although is not based on anything except a dislike for his coaching style!).

Roll the dice and good luck!

3. SC_Dave

SC_Dave Member

Brad Scott has suggested he might "swing the axe" at selection, so if Delaney makes the side, could be a good choice.

For me personally, I have only 1 DEF with R11 bye, so I need to choose between Brennan or Delaney.

My gut feeling is Spurr is the better choice, but that gives me 4 R12 bye players. Not going there.

West Coast have a couple of defenders to came back, Ashley Smith and Adam Selwood, so not sure whether Brennan keeps his spot, maybe he can play on a wing, not really sure.

Bring on Selection !!!

4. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Delaney looks awefully tempting, he has the highest average of all the Def rookies on the bubble, has a round 11 Bye and is the only one actually named as a starter on the field (all the others start on the bench, so they could get the vest).

But as Epicity said he could just be started to prove a point to the more experienced guys, and may only get played for a few weeks. Having said that if he keeps doing enough to get 70+ SC scores, he may be kept in the developing side. A 57 is a bit of a worry though...

Really, none of the rookies on the bubble this week look rock solid...

5. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

^ ^ agree with that hellraiser - only one that looks solid enough to me is Saad, but as pointed out by another poster on here with Schnieder coming back in even his JS isn't looking that great.

Spurr, Delaney, Brennan et al are out for me - I'll wait a few weeks. GWS will have some other players coming through (there are 2 debuting for their defence and one mid this week), and even if it means a lot of donuts in round 11 I'll downgrade to them because round 11 is a whole lot less important than rounds 19 onwards.