Best Freo Defender?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Hellraisers, May 21, 2012.

1. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

I need to trade Morris for a round 12 bye defender and I already have Heater, and the next best three look like Freo players: Duffield, Johnson and Broughton, all with very similar prices and averages, although Duffield stands out as slightly cheaper and better average overall, but his two 50 scores worry me, plus he doesn't have a very good past history compared to Broughton. I already have Smedts in my backline so I can't take advantage of Johnson's D/F eligibility.

Any advice/opinions welcome on this tough decision.

2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I would take Johnson from that lot, and then you can always trade out a FWD rookie and move Smedts or Johnson to FWD, if/when it suits.

3. kram

kram Member

Good call Choppers, if that flexibility is important for you thats a good way to go. In my opinion Broughton will score the most consistently of the 3 though

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Duffield.

Had him since rd 3 or 4 and he's fine. Had one dud 50 game where he was subbed or taken off injured at half time ... the other 50 was against Gold Coast where a few of his teammates had shockers.

And the one other year Duffield played the role he is now playing under Lyin' he had a pretty healthy SC average.

Broughton remains a good option though.

5. Benny

Benny New Member

You can always move Smedts forward when trading a forward out for a defender and then Johnsons d/f link will be handy.
    If you're not keen to do that then I think you can't go wrong with the other two. I'd rank Duffield slightly ahead.

6. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Good advice so far cheers,

I'm playing Supercoach, is it possible to do the double trade swap thing without SC Pro?

7. ThumbsDownBandit

ThumbsDownBandit New Member

<blockquote>Quote from hellraisers on May 21, 2012, 15:15
    Good advice so far cheers,

I'm playing Supercoach, is it possible to do the double trade swap thing without SC Pro?</blockquote>

YES

8. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Yep.Just trade out your FWD and when it asks for your trade in, go to your team on the LHS and click on Smedts. You'll then need to trade in a DEF.

9. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Ha! Beautiful stuff thanks