BIg Trade Dilemma

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 11kgm, Jul 6, 2011.

1. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

The short of it is i have 6 trades but i am regualry being outscored in the league i am in the top 6 looking to push on.

I had dawes go down with an injury and i have two options upgrade or downgrade. I was thinking downgrade is the smart option to Lobbe aslong as he doesn't burn me like issac smith.

Then upgrading one of Curnow, Libba, Harris, Swallow, Heppell for someone like Gary Abblet. I was thinking heppell should stay with swallow after last weeks effort. Harris will come back this week and could potential not leave the team again. Leaving Libba or Curnow. Who should i trade out of those two or one of the others and for who Abblet, Griffin, A Swallow, M Murphy. Some help would be appreciated

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Go
    Dawes>>Lobbe
    (pending selections, if Curnow gets picked, then;)
    Libba>>Ablett
    Although I think Curnow has a higher scoring ability then Libba, but Libba got 25 touches for the Seagulls in the VFL on the weekend. I think you should keep Curnow if you think he can get back to his early season form and you're confident to keep him over Ablett, I believe Libba is also more expensive so could leave you with extra cash if you trade Libba.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Whack your team down and I'm sure we can find some discussion for you.

My thought thinking of your current options for upgrades is that you have quite a strong bench, but a weak team on the ground, and that's what's costing you.

But we can't tell for sure unless we can see the whole team.

4. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Defence-Lids, Goddard, Chaplin, Hurn, Broughton, Duigan, Lower, Thompson, Smith and Bucks. With smith, thompson and bucks the bench.

Mids Swan, Pendles, Cotchin, Gysberts, Curnow, Libba, Harris, Swallow, Heppell

Rucks Goldy(traded last week for sandi) Cox, Smith and Vardy

Forwards Bob Murphy, Krak, Dawes, Smith(in for rioli last week), Tendai, Lynch, Darling, Pavlich, Fyfe, Knights

So yeah thats my team got 2021 last year highest score this year 2500.
    I had 7 scored under 75 last week though

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

How much money in the bank?

6. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

228,500 thousand

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Personally I think your forward line has a lot of midpricers = good depth, but only a couple of guns, so i would go Dawes>>Lobbe and Libba>>Ablett is a good idea, but personally I think you need another gun in your forward line, smart option would be to go Dawes>>O'Keefe but that would leave you with not enough cash for Ablett. Maybe instead of Lobbe go for David Hale (if you have the nuggets), I think it would be a good idea with him taking the ruck role and up forward (Franklin may not play this week AND Roughie already out) could mean he could bag a few, and coming of two alright scores. Then Harris/Libba to Ablett would be better, because you'll be lacking GUNS and consistent high scorers this week, depends if you're worried about that or not, if your in doubt, then either don't trade at all or just go what you originally thought.

8. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Thats the only problem if i go abblett i need 600k 300 form libba plus 300 from where i was thinking 120k from dawes and 180 from my budget. so that leaves maybe 70k to upgrade dawes

9. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Alright, so this is your team, right?
    BACKLINE
    Goddard, Deledio, Chaplin, Hurn, Duigan, Buckley
    Lower, Thompson, B.Smith (Brodie?), Broughton
    NOTE: Not a full backline
    MIDFIELD
    Swan, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Heppell, Gysberts, Libba
    Curnow, Harris, Swallow
    RUCKMEN
    Cox, Goldstein
    Smith, Vardy
    FORWARDS
    R.Murphy, Krakouer, Lynch, Smith, Darling
    Mzungu, Pavlich, Fyfe, Knights, Dawes
    NOTE: You lose your 3 main forwards this week, not a full forward line.'

Alright, hard to fix with not a full forward line, (please tell me it's Ashley Smith NOT Brodie Smith?) or you don't have a full back line, plus you want Gary Ablett......hmmmmm......

What I would do is...
    Swap Heppell into the Backline for Buckley into the MIDS Bench. Without trading one of your backs you have no way of fielding a full defense, so at least strengthn it up with Heppell's score rather than Buckley's.
    THEN
    This is a risk, would you be willing to let Ablett go??? If you want to get close to fielding a full team, then you'll have to trade 2 of your forwards, to give you a full line of forwards. With 228,000 I think Dawes>>O'Keefe & Knights>>JRoo, JBrown or Gilbert. This will give you O'Keefe's 106ppg & say Jack's 80ppg. So, let's say that is Option 1:

OPTION 1
    Option 1 requires letting go of the need for Gary Ablett, this means Trading Dawes & Knights, for Ryan O'Keefe/another premium + Gilbert/JRoo/JonBrown. Say you go with ROK & JROO, that's 196 points by using 2 trades in your forward line, and copping 1 dough-nut in the backline, Heppell switched into the backs for Buckley which gives you Heppell's higher score (presuming) than Buckley's.

OPTION 2
    This gives you Gary Ablett, trade Dawes for Lobbe, Freeing up another 160k, leaving you with 380k, then go Gysberts>>Ablett, leaving you 80k in the bank for future trades to fix your forward line and add another gun in the coming weeks

OPTION 3
    Leaves you with 2 forward line dough-nuts, but none in the backline + Gary Ablett, Trade Luke Thompson for Joel Wilkinson, on the bubble and coming off a score of 70, then, go Harris>>Ablett, leaving you with around 20-30k for future trades with Gary Ablett in your team, next week you could go Dawes to Nick Riewoldt or Jack Riewoldt or something of the like

Option 2 would be good for you, with 1-2 dough-nuts and lack of forward guns is a worry though, Option 1 would be better imo but if you really need Ablett (i think we all do if we don't already) then go for 2, just a couple of options there.....I think all will work, 3 isn't bad either...

10. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Okay i like option 2, but why Gysberts out?

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I would take out Gysberts, scratch that, I forgot in O2 you had 380k in the bank rather than 300k. In that case I'd keep Swallow, so out of Harris/Curnow/Libba, I'd trade out in this order Libba first (if doesn't get selected), then Harris, then Curnow, I think Curnow CAN get back to consistently scoring 80-110 do I'd hold onto him, just my opinion.

12. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Interesting Harris can't get a game makes for another option. Harris for gazza waiting on the bulldogs and carlton

13. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

okay no curnow, libbba or harris which one goes for gazza

14. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

I am going libba out hoping harris harder body will help him get another game and curnow maybe can somehow can get into carltons team.