Billy Smedts

Discussion in 'AFL' started by HanoiHawks, Apr 20, 2012.

1. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

Does anyone know what is happening with young Billy? He's taking up room in my team at the moment and cant afford another defender who is not playing after Lake's left hook. Thinking of swapping him for Morris but happy to hold if we think he'll get a game soon.,

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Didn't he get crunched in the shoulder and had to get subbed off in game vs your mob?

3. ormos

ormos New Member

Coped a fair whack to the shoulder in Round 2. Personally thought he would only missed last week and been recalled this week but does seem they taking bit more caution with him due to his history.

4. RAR

RAR New Member

Its really a 50/50 call. He was sore after the Hawthorn game but he has not really shown enough to maintain a spot. Hunt back this week, Scarlett next and them maybe Wojo. The back line spots are disappearing.

5. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

Reckon I might trade him then. He didn't look great when he was playing anyway.

6. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Billy will be a nice trade-down option in about 4-6wks time
    - i see him going back to the ressies for now and putting some good games together.
    his spots been grabbed by others, Josh Hunt for one has returned, wojac soon as well.

7. Lucas

Hanoi on the contrary I thought he looked like another Duncan, certainly capable of regular mid 80s scores, just played in two very difficult scoring games v Freo and Hawthorn where the pie/3300 rule was out in force.

Both games Smedts played at least a 65 game, and one he was subbed in.

Will certainly get him in my squad when he comes back, but as a keeper downgrade until end of year. Not sure if I'd grab him immediately or wait for a 10k price rise after a game just to be sure but I don't think it matters, he will be in my team at end of year and that's what matters.

8. Lucas

Hanoi I'm not sure what I'd do if I had him though. A tough call to make, depends on your risk profile.

9. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

I've got him too and I have no idea what to do as there aren't many options for new rookies / downgrades. Luckily, I don't have to decide this week as he's my only out in the backs (although Ellis is on an extended interchange). Good luck and let us know what you came up with.

10. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

I dropped him for Morris, but sadly that gives me five Tigers in my line up. Not just a worry for the bye rounds but the lack of integrity in having more Richmond players than Hawks is severly depressing me. What about Jackson Paine at the Pies instead of Morris?

11. chewy

chewy New Member

does anyone know whether he is playing 2,s or how serious his injury is!

12. pollypies

pollypies Member

Not playing in the 2's this week, including a 13 man interchange so must still be injured.