Birchall or Suckling

Discussion in 'AFL' started by ThommoDees, May 30, 2011.

1. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

I've been watching Suckling very closely all season in the view of bringing him in at D7.

In the last 3 weeks another Hawks defender has caught my eye in Birchall. He has been particularly good the last 2 weeks.

I haven't seen any recent Hawk games, so i'm curious as to whether Birchall's role has changed?

So to all of you Hawk fans out there, who should I be picking up this week? Both similarly priced, but Birchall seems to be on a roll. May be a good POD???

2. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I'm looking very closely at Birchall as my next defender upgrade actually. He has been a good scorer in the past and now that the Haawk's defence stocks are low, most likely he'll keep up his good run

3. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@BennyC88

Do you have Suckling already?

4. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

No don't have Suckling in, missed the boat when he was low priced but had some good cover in Lower and Duigan (at the time before trading to Hibberd).

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Would be a massive POD, as many have already nabbed Suckling when he was on the cheap.

I remember the days (08 perhaps? Or Before?) where Birchall was a top 5 defender, racking up huge numbers across the HB line. No reason why he can't do it again. And we've seen over the last month the Hawks' ability to rack up HUGE number by sharing it across the backline. This means big scores for Guerra, Brichall, Hodge, Suckling etc. Could be an inspired move.

6. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Thanks Nick. It would have been more inspired had I made the trade last week....

7. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on May 30, 2011, 11:06

I remember the days (08 perhaps? Or Before?) where Birchall was a top 5 defender, racking up huge numbers across the HB line. </blockquote>

The good ol days of Mr Reliable.