Blighty to coach power?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bettsy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

I heard a whisper he is moving back to Adelaide.
    Im not sure if his contract is over with Gold Coast at the end of the year.
    He has been in the box with McKenna, the last month or so.
    Any else heard about who has the inside running for the Port job?

PS Blighty is 40-1 for the job, he started at 99-1 or unlisted
    A little unsure about that one.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I thought that Blight had stood down from the GC board to take Director of Coaching role?

I heard SEN this morning spruik Terry Wallace for the Port coaching job. Still laughing at that one. :lol: What a team that would make: Wallace and Rohde.

3. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Blight - no thanks. He is living in Cairns and from all reports he is happy there. Plus he lives right on the golf course at Paradise Palms which is a fantastic golf course (I played it a few months ago). Why would he want to come back to Adelaide?

@ Jase, I can tell you that Rohde is gone at the end of the season. My mail is that Port are going to do everything they can to get Neil Balme to come across. Keith Thomas (Port CEO) is really good friends with Balme.

Malthouse was on local radio here last night (5AA) and mentioned that Terry Wallace would be one of the leading candidates. I could not believe what I was hearing. No thanks!!!

I have heard that the AFL want Eade as the coach.

I would like Mark Harvey. He did a pretty good job at Freo, turned the list over completely and was looking good until their season was decimated by injuries and he then got shafted. He is ruthless which is exactly the type of coach we need at the moment.

4. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I agree with you, Steve. I think Harvey would be a good fit for Port, as long as they give him plenty of time to instill what is sorely needed.

And I don't think MB would be interested in moving back to Adelaide, as you stated.

And it looks like my mob is going all out this Saturday, with free entry to the game for all members.Some members may be needed to make up the 22 on the field, going by latest injury report.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Yup, Harvey would be preferable to Eade from this outsider's point of view.

6. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I also heard that Wallace has thrown his hat into the ring. He is a great footy head but don't know if he is a great fit for the Power. I wouldn't be surprised if Port go after Choco. Still knows their plans and guided GWS to a win...

7. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

You can forget Choco. He burnt too many bridges when he was there last time.

8. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tigersfor2012 on August 8, 2012, 21:02
    I also heard that Wallace has thrown his hat into the ring. He is a great footy head but don't know if he is a great fit for the Power. I wouldn't be surprised if Port go after Choco. Still knows their plans and guided GWS to a win...</blockquote>

Good one