Boomer, value or fossil?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Hellraisers, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Brent Harvey, an absolute consistent premium juggernaught, apart from an injury affected 2009, he has averaged over 100 ppg in SC for the past 6 years, and has had some promising games this year too.

At $396k he's even priced below his measly average this year, and has a ceiling (this year) of 137... and is a F/M DPP.

But, at the ripe old age of 34, has he well and truly fossilised? Or is there something left in the tank for the old warhorse in the 2nd half of 2012?

2. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Tempting price there but I wouldnt be jumping on hellraiser. He still seems to cop the no.1 tag each week and struggles to cope with it so personally i think there are better options around.

He does beat up on the weak sides though and the kangas do play the giants in SC grand final week

3. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Too old, can't see the roos being a force to be reckoned with. I'd have Chappy, SJ, Danger, Sidey, Beams, Buddy, Cloke, Martin, Goodes and even both the sook Riewoldts before him.

4. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I've had him since the start and it's been frustrating because he has potential if he doesn't get tagged every game. It amazes me that teams let Swallow and Ziebell run around free and tag this old timer.

Why do team tag Harvey but not Dangerfield or Sidebottom? Coaches need to look at SC stats more.

5. Corks

Corks Member

fossil

6. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

He could be the swing man between mids and forwards to sit on your bench ready to play if there are injuries, suspensions or restings. As everyone knows it is rare to have a full starting team on the ground so guys like this can be invaluable.

If people have the luxury for this then id go for it in 2 or 3 weeks, could almost be a straight swap for Treloar. Treloar in good form but hell only play about another 8 of the remaining 13 games youd think given their list and resting policy. Also, with many having Horsely, may be a good time to "upgrade" in R12, before his bye. Not scoring the best though is he but still a risk id take if i had the trades, might still anyway. Cash and flexibility the main reasons, and he could pull finger and avg 95 from here. "Could"

7. ThumbsDownBandit

ThumbsDownBandit New Member

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

One year eventually I will be right, go nowhere near him.

9. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on June 6, 2012, 12:09
    One year eventually I will be right, go nowhere near him.</blockquote>

lol I imagine you said something last year when he was 33? And averaged 101SC on the dot for the year?

10. leb17

leb17 New Member

Fossil. If North has someone who could take the tag away from him, he'd average 100 in a breeze, but he gets worn like a glove every week due to the inability of norths other players to become game-breakers.

He's burnt me big time this year, when i brought him in for fyfe after round 3 when he averaged 111, since then has hardly broke the ton.

11. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Don't touch him - if he is tagged he will give you a 60 - if he is not he will get you 100. Has shown this year that he can no longer burn off the tag so will be outside the top10 forwards this year.

12. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from hellraisers on June 6, 2012, 12:19
    <blockquote>Quote from Lucas on June 6, 2012, 12:09
    One year eventually I will be right, go nowhere near him.</blockquote>

lol I imagine you said something last year when he was 33? And averaged 101SC on the dot for the year?</blockquote>

Yep I didn't rate him last year, and he certainly chomped on some substandard oppositions to get those 150-170 scores he's famous for.

I'm not as vehemently against him, just don't bother picking him because often he's not great value - i.e. he won't improve.

He's been a champion player though, can't dispute this, and it's not his fault North haven't gone deep in the finals in a while.

13. Fazz

Fazz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from leb17 on June 6, 2012, 12:27
    Fossil. If North has someone who could take the tag away from him, he'd average 100 in a breeze, but he gets worn like a glove every week due to the inability of norths other players to become game-breakers.

He's burnt me big time this year, when i brought him in for fyfe after round 3 when he averaged 111, since then has hardly broke the ton. </blockquote>

I did the exact same trade leb17 & have been cursing Harvey every week since & especially because it was out of him & Sidebottom

14. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fazz on June 6, 2012, 13:58
    <blockquote>Quote from leb17 on June 6, 2012, 12:27

He's burnt me big time this year, when i brought him in for fyfe after round 3 when he averaged 111, since then has hardly broke the ton. </blockquote>

I did the exact same trade leb17 & have been cursing Harvey every week since & especially because it was out of him & Sidebottom</blockquote>

I hope you posted in the "Trade of the year" thread. :eek:

15. Superwolf

Superwolf New Member

Tempting price Boomer but I wouldnlt be jumping on him although could be useful in the SC GF when the Kangas play GWS!

Also guys, apologies for a quick plug, but my mate and run a website called AFL Aftermath. We try to give you plenty of SuperCoach tips and reveal who are the Bulls & Bears of the SuperCoach stock market!

Check it out - http://www.aflaftermath.com.au/supercoach-match-committee.html

All good fun!

Cheers

Superwolf

16. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

That sounds great superwolf, but I think I'll pass. The more you plug your site and clog up TS the less chance there is that I'll waste my time.

Cheers

TopHeavy

17. gogonz

gogonz New Member

+1 TopHeavy.....

If perhaps you (Dumbwolf) contributed something instead of just shamelessly pushing your own barrow, I might be inclined to look at your site. Besides, the limit of your SC knowledge appears to be what's been written in the two posts immediately before yours. It seems apparent that your "site" would be pretty much limited to whatever you have plagiarized from here and a cple of other web sites.

Lucas: Why has this guy not been banned yet?