Brett Deledio

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 11kgm, Mar 17, 2011.

1. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Does anyone have him in there team? I have him as a defender and am thinking of swapping him out so i can get a bit more money for midfielders. Whats M.Johnson like as a defender?

2. spud

spud New Member

Yes, I currently do, 11kgm, and I dare say most others will as well. He and Gibbs were the two big names to get Def eligibility this year and most people will have jumped on early. A few clouds remain over his preseason performance though, so people such as yourself may be weighing up alternate options which is fair enough.

I don't know enough about M.Johnson to make even a speculative guess I'm afraid.

3. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

I am worried about his pre season and some rumors he is carrying a niggle. I swapped Heath Shaw out for Chaplin as Shaw is getting tagged a little too much for my liking.
    With micheal johnson i just got supercoach gold and they say he has potential to blosom and spangher could star aswell but he is injured

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Heard on radio earlier today that Deledio suffered a bruised heel during NAB weeks 1 and 2 but returned for half a game in week 3 and most of a game in week 4. Should be on track for R1 on this basis, but his preseason stats won't show much to write home about.

Conclusion: don't worry too much about the preseason stats. They shouldn't make or break your decision, but are just one part of the assessment process.

5. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

hahahahahahaha
    back in high school instead of calling people an idiot we called them a spangher.. the same goes for afl it seems.

spangher could very well be a star, he just needs to get someone to give him the ball and then no one from either the opposition team or his own to come with in 20 meters of him ever.

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

You would be a spangher not to have Lids.

7. crew

crew New Member

Had Lids 2 seasons ago and he burnt me badly. The thing I found with Lids and he did it as well last season is his 100 odd average is constantly 75, 125, 75 ect but in a game when you need him to step up he has the happy knack of spudding up on you !. He was a frustrating player in that sense then another member of our league (A Tiges follower) had him last year and complained of the same before sacking his arse. I know on paper he looks good and he's been in and out of my side a couple of times but we all know how hard it is to bring someone back in after being burnt.GL people but I can see him being a pass for me. Not saying it's a correct decision just that my gut is saying no and it's the thing I trust most.

8. RickJames

RickJames New Member

I started with Lids but have traded him down to a good rookie and upgraded one of my mid rookies to Boyd who is only about 20K more than Lids.
    I think Boyd will average 20 points higher

9. Chappy

Chappy New Member

Richmond is going to really struggle this year IMO and will only have 1, maybe 2 players a week that will crack 100. At present the guy to do that consistently is Foley. I think there are more consistent options than Lids. As crew said Lids is a 75, 125, 75 kind of player. Over the year he averages 100 but every 2nd week he is stinking up your team.

10. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Love some feedback on this. I had Broughton for ages & dumped him to bring in my (infamous) Grundy/Rohan strategy!? However Broughton is $20K less & many would consider still improving. Does anyone have both?
    Lids out & Broughton in for anyone who hasn't?

Anybody got a knock on Broughton they wish to share as an alternative for Lids?

11. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

I have Deledio but Ive been thinking lately of ditching him. Worried about his preseason form , injury concerns and general consistency. Plus he has burnt me before.

If I can find a better (ie more consistent) option or see better options to upgrade my team elsewhere. He may be out.

Not certain yet.

12. boydshow

boydshow Guest

<blockquote>Quote from HeavyMen on March 16, 2011, 21:45Does anyone have both?</blockquote>

Yeah I do. Both should be top 7 defenders, if you leave one out then make plans to upgrade to the other

13. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

So drop him and pick up whom.....

14. Tanksforscully

Tanksforscully New Member

Richmond don't exactly have an ideal run in the first 8 weeks or so either with only games against Brisbane and North (maybe Freo given it is at the G) that they could really potentially win. Granted he should see more ball playing out of defence but question whether this will translate to decent SC scores - particularly when playing against the likes of St Kilda, Hawthorn and Collingwood which they face in rounds 2,3,4. Maybe he will be a decent pickup after he has dropped in value and has a run of games against GC, Port, Ess, Melb etc..

15. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

Hi all, I have lids, gibbs, grimes and goddard at the moment in my backs, BUT im really worried about Gibbs and Lids, am thinking of swapping one of them for Broughton, anyone else concidering this? just seems a new day brings a new problem, thank god theres only one week to go. cheers

16. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Have them all.
    These are 5 prems for the backs set and forget. If you are keen on that sort of model.

Mind you there are significant other options in defence that people are not even looking at.

North has two for starters.

Adelaide has one who would I think be a real POD because so many teams are avoiding him, and with no McLeod and Goodwin stealing his points, hmmm, could be worth a go.

Richmond has another one who has been solid in the past.

17. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

I have had a look at some of the guys just mentioned, particularly the richmond one as an alternative to Lids. Not sure that he or the North guys will average more than 90s though. POD is good though if u can make a good choice, so u don't miss out on too many points. Just out of interest does anyone have an opinion on roughly how many PODs would be worth taking a gamble on? Going for league wins if that makes a difference.

18. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

If you go for leagues, then players from Melbourne, Freo, Brisbane, Sydney you can have a lash at because they don't miss in the bye.

I still reckon there will be some advantage in picking players with late first byes and get your team well stocked with coverage by the time their bye comes around.

So that's more the Newman-Deledio-Watson-Boak strategy.

19. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

@lucas, thanks and i could quite easily do the same but this would require dumping sex on the beach which im thinking could be a giant over kill in rucks, theres quite a few good ruckman around

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Deledio is the one guy messing with my team structure at the moment, and others seem to be in the same boat. Thought I'd never touch the cookie cutter, but with the strength in defensive rookies and less strength tghat previously thought in mid rookies, downgrading Delids has been something I have been tinkering with. Allows Foley in the mids, who's price is keeping him there at present.
    However I'm getting pretty scared that not having Deledio will burn me. Was one of the first picks for mine, however perhaps there's more value/consistency in Foley? Having that extra defensive cash cow could also be of value.

At the moment I'm continually jumping between cookie cutter and a foley midfield, doing my head in.