Brownlow Winnings

Discussion in 'AFL' started by The_General, Oct 4, 2011.

1. The_General

The_General Member

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to see whether this has happened to anyone else. I put a 9 by 5 multi ($126) on at Sportsbet for most vote getters per team.

It looked something like this (not exact odds, but very similar):

Swallow $1.33
    Dal Santo $1.04
    Cotchin $2.30
    Pendles $1.28
    Selwood $1.18
    Gray $3.50
    Judd $1.12
    Priddis $1.68
    Boyd $1.03

As per the spreadsheet uploaded under the "Multi's are a go" topic, this would return $2093.80 if all were correct, and with Pendles being wrong, $1002.74 (my odds being slighty different were around the $1800 for all correct and $900 minus Pendles)

Going on Sportsbet, it has come up with Withdrawable cash of $445. Is this their mistake, is there an issue with "our" spreadsheet or is there some other explanation?

Thanks.

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Might be something to do with free bets, generally they want the money "bet through" twice, something like that.

If you have an "account balance" that is different to "withdrawable balance" then this is your reason.

HOWEVER...I've looked on the betcalculator http://www.betcalc.com/accacalc.php and inserted these odds, and come up with a $375.37 profit and $501.37 overall.

To use the calculator, put in the odds, ensure that you still include the losing Pendles 1.28 line (with bet successful = No), use Bet Type "Enter Stakes" and only fill in 1.00 on the Five Folds line. This should give you a correct cost and return value.

3. The_General

The_General Member

OK thanks Lucas. Looks like the spreadsheet is way off. DAMN!

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Trust this calculator as it is a good one.

Also sportsbet should have given you a guide as to overall profit when you put in the X folds. You lose a leg, you pretty much divide it out (and a bit)