Buddy

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Dirty_Whorks, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ew-midfield-role/story-e6frf9jf-1226268192389

If this happens, it'll be the hardest thing for opposition to counter since the cluster in 2008.

Hale, Gunston, Roughy, Rioli up front and Buddy running amok in the middle... sheesh. No team will reliably contest.

For SC, he's a lock, but the dilemma is who to choose from Lewis, Rioli and Gunston given the way SC scores go...

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Dirty_Whorks on February 11, 2012, 20:28
    I'd wait until after the NAB to bother posting anything like this...</blockquote>

3. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

LOL.... Buddy's a lock before or after NAB mate... the dilemma is still there... and hopefully NAB will sort it out... but only if Gunston seriously fluffs it or the other two are injured...

4. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Lewis is the one who stands out to me mate, with roughie and gunston up forward Lewis should spend most of his time in the middle this year(like he did in the intra club match)If he can average 95-100 he would be a great unique pick.

5. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

I know. I can't wait. Still - I reckon the dilemma is still there (unless something awful happens during NAB cup) - I didn't even chuck jughead into the mix... Great problem to have!

6. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Buddys core business is in the forward line kicking goals and I think that's where he will primarily continue his magic.
    Might be a better purchase (early upgrade) for round 7 or 8ish.

7. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

Hi SJ - i reckon if you're not on him from the get go you'll be in a spot of bother...

8. FlyUp

FlyUp Member

<blockquote>Quote from Dirty_Whorks on February 13, 2012, 17:54
    Hi SJ - i reckon if you're not on him from the get go you'll be in a spot of bother...</blockquote>

Truer words never spoken :D

9. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

For one of two reasons SJ, 1) if he does stay up forward he'll still be rampaging as per usual (though the word at the club he is in better nic than ever, having had a completely uninterrupted preseason) - definite starter over many of the other premiums or 2) other guys take the load up forward and buddy settles into midfield/wing getting plenty of the ball. Note, this guy hasn't yet had over 25 or so possessions in a game ever (I think top was 26-27). He can bomb goals from 60+ out on the run... if other tall forwards need to be covered he'll go ape.

I hope option 2 is on the cards - football will be better for it and I doubt anyone deep in their heart would not want to see it!

10. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Fair enough thanks, I'm a believer.
    Just thought his history against the Hawks early opponents was not so good(the ball still has to get to him) and I could pick him up cheaper a bit later and use that initial cash saving elsewhere.
    Thanks for bringing me back to my senses.
    Lewis is also pencilled in for me.

11. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

You're right of course SJ - against Geelong definitely. I think he has had a really good record against Collingwood in the past. His run from round 3 to round 12 should be monstrous.

12. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

The start to Buddys year;
    Collingwood-he averages 102 against them and 137 at the MCG
    Geelong-he averages 107 against them and 137 at the MCG
    He may dip off against the crows, west coast (in WA) and the saints but then he'll have Melbourne, Freo, Richmond, North, Port and Brisbane in consecutive weeks....
    A lock from the start for mine.

13. Hendy

Hendy Member

If you dont have Buddy you wont win. I am anticipating a 120 average, which will be nice to see from a forward.. bringing back the goode old days.

14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Was considering a balls of steel upgrade given the tough start, will have to monitor more closely.

15. silacious

silacious New Member

You can either take a risk and not get buddy from the start, and hope he drops in value like all premiums last season. But there isn't much other options out there, not sure on Travis Cloke. Definately lock for me. Will never get N Roo again

16. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Shhhhh. Now you've done it. He was gonna be my POD.

With you on NRoo. If Tomahawk builds on his finals series, could be the buy of the year.

17. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

Indeed. TH hasn't had much love in the discussions I've read. Good point Mel.

18. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

That is a BIG if re Tomahawk.

He monstered Schoenmakers and did the rounds on a clearly underdone Reid but you'd surely take Allen Christensen over Hawkins. Similar price but Christensen was used as a sub last season quite a few times and when played for a full game looked ready to make his mark. Looking forward to seeing that happen this year.

19. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

but i hate dopplegangers ever since Twin Peaks...

20. DC

DC Member

Buddy only Hawk in my team at this stage!