Callinan Injured

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Steve, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Ian Callinan will be out for 6 to 10 weeks. He has torn the tendon off his bicep in the game against Carlton this afternoon. This has been confirmed by the Crows Football Operations Manager on 5AA.

This will now cause a lot of grief for fantasy coaches as Callinan was a certainty to get upgraded next week from the rookie list.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

That'll certainly throw a spanner in the works for many who were looking at the Callinan FM MPP rookie option!!!
    Back to the drawing board folks :)

3. Daveo

Daveo Member

Well lets be positive here guys. We will have a pretty juicy downgrade target mid season.

4. Benny

Benny New Member

Bicep off the bone. Sounds pretty painful. Hope the guy recovers well. Back to the drawing board for me.
    I think Knights got through the game at least there's something positive.

5. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

GOod point Daveo! I"m moving Mzungu to the mids, come on Schneider!

6. spud

spud New Member

True Daveo.

With the likes of Jacobs (perhaps) and now Callinan, we might have direct downgrade options to keep our MPP in tact as the season goes on.

I just wonder how the whole rookie promotion thing will go that's all, I hope they keep a spot available for him.

I like what i saw of Schneider, Tigerman, but I would think there are a couple ahead of him just at the minute.

7. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from spud on March 4, 2011, 17:45
    True Daveo.

With the likes of Jacobs (perhaps) and now Callinan, we might have direct downgrade options to keep our MPP in tact as the season goes on.

I just wonder how the whole rookie promotion thing will go that's all, I hope they keep a spot available for him.

I like what i saw of Schneider, Tigerman, but I would think there are a couple ahead of him just at the minute. </blockquote>

I don't think there'll be much problem with the spot being kept open there, not much else on their rookie list atm, so i think they'll probably keep it open for him when he returns.

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

ohhh noooo!!! My net has been down on and off for a few days, and this is the first i have heard this. Throws a spanner in the works.

9. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Very crap news indeed.