Captain for round 8, tough week to choose!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by b_frazer5, May 10, 2011.

1. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

Still dont have swan, but pies vs geelong is a bit risky to choose a captain from, also sandilands vs cox could cancel out the rucks. No good crows players to make captain vs gc. Maybe goodes vs port. What r ppl thinking?

2. DC

DC Member

I will be making Swan captain..

Pav usually goes alright against the Eagles

3. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Watson v Brisbane could go a very high score!

Rischitelli/Brennan v Adelaide - everyone seems to be writing off Gold Coast against the Crows, but this season has shown that Adelaide are not getting a high amount of clearances & both those Gold Coast boys have been cleaning up in this area lately - I actually rate the Suns a big show of recording their first consecutive wins - have already won in Adelaide so no problems there!

Just thinking outside the box here!

4. hippy

hippy New Member

Pendlebury usually plays well in the big games.
    Maybe Jroo vs Bulldogs without Lake.
    Or one of the Sydney boys v Port?

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Perma captain Swan.

6. torcida

torcida Member

swan set - if i didnt have swan prob priddis

7. Midge001

Midge001 Member

As much as Chapman let everybody down this week, his recent record against Collingwood's has been impressive and deserves a look.

8. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

love the perma captain swan comment.. especially as swan continues to drop down in price so the rest of us can afford him.
    every league game i have is against swan atm and only once hes done better than my captains

9. apolis

apolis New Member

Let's see if you're still ahead at the end of the season Markaninos..

10. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

we will cause by then swan will drop to 550 and ill buy him then, having used the cash else where that i saved from not buying him at what 630?
    just suggesting by the end of the season the perma captain maybe other names watson/boyd even pendles or cox

11. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Pendles most likely will be my captain, since he does get big scores in big games. But I'll wait during the week and see what others who are much better than me think is the best choice for captain

12. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Swan often scores big in big games, it don't get much bigger against the cats. Swan for cap, and i think Sandi will smash it at home against Cox.

13. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Markaninos think that logic through.. you are gonna miss out on swans points all season just to save 80k by getting him pre-finals @ 550 not 630.
    i get the "money spent better elsewhere" but for 80k - i'd be getting swanners in asap.

14. hippy

hippy New Member

I reckon - and this is mostly a hunch - if u analyse the results, pendles has scored more than swan in big games recently. I mean the really big games, particularly at the g, like anzac day. Will see if I can get the stats.

15. Tino

Tino Member

@Thunda

I wouldn't take Sandi against Cox. Subi is a massive oval which makes it harder for him to keep getting into every stoppage. Also the Cox/NicNat combo looked good on the w/e so I would be hesitant on choosing him against 2 in-form ruckmen.

Pendles will get the C for me. M

16. hippy

hippy New Member

OK, I looked back at the last 5 years, just focussing on the Anzac Day and Queen's Bday matches that Pendlebury and Swan both played. On that basis, hunch confirmed.

Pendlebury averages 10ppg more. He also outscores Swan 5-3. So unless Pendlebury's getting the tag, he's getting the C.

NB. I can't remember any of the other truly mega blockbusters Collingwood played (I'm talking packed house sellout round clashes, not finals), so if you want to add any, I can recrunch the data.

17. torcida

torcida Member

sandilands avg vs W.C 80 (last 3 games 93-58-14) .............. cox vs freo 80 (last 3 games 72-94-96)..... gotta stay away from 2 of them when they go head to head

18. Fedor

Fedor New Member

I would go Boyd>Swan for captain this week. Same sort of player, same sort of SC form, but playing a much weaker team.

19. Dun1

Dun1 Member

Pretty keen on Mummy v Port

20. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Yes, the stats tell the tail about Sandi at home. It was just a gut feeling I had after watching him play the other day.