Captains for round 21?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by shanaz, Aug 11, 2011.

1. shanaz

shanaz New Member

This week looks like a tough decision in terms of captain choices.
    Do we go with ablett who may be a little underdone after the week off?
    Or swan or pendles against the saints.
    Of course there is judd playing against fremantle, but word is he may get the recent mzungu tag. which way are people leaning towards?

2. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Have a read here mate
    http://tooserious.net/forum?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1100.0

3. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Im very suprised to see that there has been very very little talk all week about captains for this week. Considering that its our first week of finals in Supercoach/Dreamteam it could well be the difference between winning and losing matches against opponents who should match up quite well against you.

Pendles and Swan stick out the most for me but they are playing the Saints who use Jones and now Dempster aswell for the tags.

Ablett is a risk coming back from injury(if he plays) but brisbane wont have anyone who could shut him down. They ran Rains with him last time from memory.

Cox is a risk and is carrying an injury.

Judd could score well over in the west but he has average games now and then and this week he could cop a heavy tag after his recent performances.

Goodes and ROK against the tigers could be a good option, i cant see either getting closely followed. ROK however has had a couple of lean weeks(Maybe his due?).

Goddard against the pies is another option. I dont think he will be allowed to roam free across the halfback line though, therefore affecting his scoring ability.

Steveie J has been in great form but i would expect Stiffy Johncock once again to get the job on him and should keep him under control

Chappy against the crows too is an option. Cant see him doing a great deal of damage though. Hasn't quite hit the form of 2010.

Buddy against port. Always a risk choosing power forwards(Key forwards, not Port Power forwards!) and especially big buddy. But could really do some damage against a team limping to the end of season

And my final one is Hodgey. Got 90 odd when these two sides last met just as Hodge was starting to hit his straps. Was followed by Tommy Logan that night but i would expect him to be freed up abit more this time around and could be a chance for a decent score

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Brendon Goddard.
    Risk and reward.

5. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

What about goodes vs richmond?