Changes to trading.

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Oct 1, 2011.

1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So the rumour mill is abuzz-

@FantasyFreakoFantasy Freako
    Trading system likely to be changed in 2012. Watch this space... #dreamteam#supercoach

Let the speculation begin!

I'm gunna start the ball rolling with the following:

Rollbackable trades up until lockout.

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

What is rollbackable? Lol

3. stowie

stowie Moderator

Undo, Ctrl+Z!

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Improved MPP so that you don't need two players per connection. Effectively it means your bench has much more flexibility.

But 20 trades and 2 bench per position.

The rest is so set in stone I can't see it being tweaked TBH

5. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

What about a completely open bench where you can have as many multiples of positions that you want?

6. dean771

dean771 New Member

Maybe limited free trades + and penalty for extra trades( the epl system)

7. SuperCoachSuperStar

I don't think there will be any considerable changes. I think they will change the number of trades and change the number of bench players to two.

8. Sainter

Sainter New Member

20 trades and 2 bench spots on each line is what I'd most expect to happen.

Also a few have mentioned this in other threads, maybe if you have a D/M bench that you put in your Midfield as emergency but you need cover in your Defense rather then midfield, maybe his score can count as he is available in that position, could get complicated in ways though.

9. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fez on September 30, 2011, 14:11
    What is rollbackable? Lol</blockquote>

rollbackable! It's the technically term for allowing somebody the ability to reverse a trade that they have already made in a week.

Allowing for somebody to make their trades on a Monday, but reverse them on the Friday if they aren't happy with them and do them again!

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Better not be the EPL trade system as it sucks if you are playing for overall and someone is just playing for league win. They can basically take points hit in first part of season and cash in all cows and then build elite list. whereas those going for overall wouldnt dare take point hit and will have much weaker list at years end......

11. boydshow

boydshow Guest

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on September 30, 2011, 17:19
    Better not be the EPL trade system as it sucks if you are playing for overall and someone is just playing for league win. They can basically take points hit in first part of season and cash in all cows and then build elite list. whereas those going for overall wouldnt dare take point hit and will have much weaker list at years end......</blockquote>

What about a 20ppg cost for each game for the rest of the year?

12. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoach shouldn't be changed much. We shouldn't add all this rubbish to it like deduction of points or being able to use more trades than you are allocated. It is better how if you make a trade it's final, so you either decide to make a trade or not.

13. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I agree with not changing the trade system too much, and I actually don't agree with the idea of rollbackable trades - simply control your trigger finger! 20 trades for the season, and 2 bench players per position should be enough.

Having said that, I still think that one round per year where up to four trades can be made will make things interesting!

I do think that an MPP emergency should be able to cover both of his positions, not just the line he's named in. But then is it fair for him to cover a player who he couldn't MPP swap for? probably not...

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

I think having the MPP player cover any position he is named in is a ridiculous idea, How easy do we want to make this game? You should need to have 2 MPP for it to be benificial

15. Fez

Fez Moderator

Years ago in DT, there was no trades but a trade period, where you could only make trades in round 7 and 14 not saying it's going to happen but an interesting concept, that would separate the men from the boys so to speak.

16. SuperCoachSuperStar

The problem with the MPP cover is that if you have for example Pavlich in your midfield and you have a rookie on your midfield bench that gets 100, but you have one playing bench forward in your forward line who also is a MID/FWD and starts as sub and gets 10. SuperCoach always takes the lowest scoring bench player so they will have to take the score of the FWD/MID.

17. bonesy

bonesy Member

rollbackable trades has some merit, there's people who waited till friday afternoon and still got screwed by Heath Shaw.

18. SuperCoachSuperStar

That is why you wait right until the last minute to do your trades. Injuries and suspensions are just part of the game.

19. boydshow

boydshow Guest

<blockquote>Quote from bonesy on October 2, 2011, 10:22
    rollbackable trades has some merit, there's people who waited till friday afternoon and still got screwed by Heath Shaw.</blockquote>

Wasn't it like 3pm when that came out? The final teams for Sunday games don't come out until 5.

20. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

Rollbackable trades are a great idea a few times this season i had to trade thursday night with work and being in W.A the 545pm lockout cut it fine to get trades done friday arvo . What i would like to see is keep the 3 extra emergency positions but only have to lock in the 30 players to make team valid at the initial lockout. if you want to use the extra emergency spots before lockout you can but you will hav to stretch your budget to accomadate those extra cash cows but if you want to you can leave 1, 2 or 3 spots open and it could allow you to move MPP players without swapping if there is an open spot available Eg- Chappy could move into mids if you have an open spot there without having to have a mid/ fwd rookie to swap to the Fwd line . You could also trade players into those spots if you want without trading a player out. I would also like to pick 2 emergencys in one line and set 1 as primary so if 1 player is out the primary emergency gets the points and then you still have a backup this will help with late fitness tests, players getting named when the aren't going to play and monday games where we don't get to see teams.