Chapman or Selwood?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Burly, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Burly

Burly New Member

What are you guys thoughts on who would be the better option out of Chappy or Selwood - to bring in next week?
    I'm feeling that Chappy would be a higher scorer and has MPP as an advantage, but there is the question over his durability. Selwood is staedy in this regard...
    Thoughts???

2. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Chappy if you are upgrading in the forwards, and Selwood if you are upgrading into the mids.

3. Fez

Fez Moderator

Neither if you didnt start with them Cats have bye round 23 and pies round 24 if going for leagues

4. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

Correction Fez:

Cats BYE = R22
    Bombers BYE = R24

I agree with Liquid Six, Burly. I'm looking to bring Chapman in next week to complete my forward line - hopefully Krakouer plays or Tapscott goes up enough this week to just make the upgrade.

I've had Selwood since R1.

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Think Fez meant Cats are playing Pies in round 24...

6. Fez

Fez Moderator

Moonwalker i meant playing the Pies round 24 and sorry bye was out by a week still during the finals

7. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

Yeah, all good Fez.

Either way I'd still look to get in some Cats players Burly. Depending if you make the league top-4 and win the first round you will miss the Cat's R22 bye. Most teams would have Swan/Pendlebury and at least one Cats player so you won't be that much disadvantaged come the GF if you make it.

8. Burly

Burly New Member

I've got enough funds to go Tapscott - Chapman if I wish to complete my forward line. I just realise that Selwood is pretty good value atm.

Would it be overkill to get both considering I'm aiming at league win and R22 bye, R24 Pies should be considered?