Chris Yarran

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 3, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

So Yarran did exactly what we expected and bounced back with 100 odd against the kids. This makes the decision even harder on whether to keep him or trade him. What are people planning on doing with him? If Tapscott comes out and scores well it will be very tempting to get on board but can Yarran keep performing like last night.. Not sure what his break-even will be this week....

Ah the joys of supercoach!!!!

2. 9thPlaceTiger

9thPlaceTiger New Member

I wouldn't read too much into it. He was shut down by Matty White last week, and will be shut down by most teams. Gold Coast don't have a decent tag for the back half so it was inevitable that he'd score this week.

3. Bazza16

Bazza16 New Member

I've got Yarran and Tapscott and wil be keeping both,
    Young Matt White did an awesome job and was very effective this week again. Don't expect Yarran to ton it up every week, but not every team has a good defensive forward, and teams aren't going to use their primary tag on yarran, as gibbs, murphy and judd are too strong.

Also Danny Stanley has been playing as a defensive forward some of the time, not sure if he was on Yarran last night, but Stanley was the sun's B + F last year i think.

The headache for me is brining in

Swan
    Cox
    Warnock
    Curnpw

I can only bring 1 of those guys (+curnow)...

4. Fez

Fez Moderator

I'd bench Yarran next week will struggle against the pies

5. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

I think he'll be fine. Remember white shut down Montagna on Friday night too. He's a good tagger

6. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

Think Illes was suns b and f

7. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

SKT, if you thought Yarran was going to rise in price from mid-price to something higher, then you have to stick with your decision. Nothing about this weekend suggests that you have a SC disaster in Yarran for your team.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Yea good point.. At least I can give him another week or two to see if he will be inconsistent or not with Adelaide & Gold Coast rookies not increasing for 1 or 2 more weeks....

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'm sitting on Yarran as well. His 114 or so has at least improved his average so he won't drop in price hopefully and who knows, maybe it was the confidence booster he needed in the position. 60-70 this week will be a win.

10. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on April 3, 2011, 21:13
    Yea good point.. At least I can give him another week or two to see if he will be inconsistent or not with Adelaide & Gold Coast rookies not increasing for 1 or 2 more weeks....</blockquote>

This- though if I didn't have Tapscott, I'd be moving heaven and earth to get him in- for all the love Curnow and Libba have been getting, one dominated against the Tiges and GCS, while the other performed well against the bombers and dominated the Lions.

Tapscott has performed against SC poison crew, Sydney and the cool tick of the Hawks. Plus, he's built like an absolute brick house. On top of that, his next three games are Lions, GCS and Eagles- with only one more cold tick in his first 11 games...

11. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I just had an itchy finger and got rid of Yarran for Dawes, already had libba & tappy, just didn't want to miss out on Dawes at his price. Also think Yarran will at best be a 70 to 75 average player, for an extra 60k Dawes has the potential to average 90 to 95. Going by the 200+ points per trade I think I did the right thing, sitting at 3292 in the comp and didn't want the gap to get any larger. Someone want to reassure me and tell me I did the right thing?

12. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

@Eagle_Eyed

Gee trading early bit of a risk!! Good trade though..i was thinking the same but have rookies Conca and Richardson that worry me more than Yarran.

If i had Tapscott for Richardson and Curnow for Conca i would definitely be going the Dawes trade this week for Yarran. Big unit Dawes and has some presence in the forward line now.

13. Tanksforscully

Tanksforscully New Member

Seems that a popular trade that is being touted is Yarran -> Dawes. What is the consensus on whether Dawes can maintain these scores given that he has faced some fairly light opposition to date.

14. Fez

Fez Moderator

Walesy - I was umming and arghing bout tappy but you convinced me who to trade out, most likely cam richo

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

You should never trade this early in the week. It should be at earliest Thursday night and Friday night is ideal.
    Yarran to Dawes I don't like the smell of. Not only is it sideways, its midpriced sideways, which is worse.
    Dawes has played against Port and North, not amazing backlines. Wait until he comes up against stingier teams. He's a KPF and will go up and down quite a bit.

16. yumcha

yumcha Member

As a Dees supporter, I feel like I must have Tapscott in my team. But I saw the game on Saturday night and I thought Yarran looked pretty good - tag or not. His kicking technique is top class and his ball-skills are just top notch.

So I propose a rather risky move: Krak > Tapscott.

Reasons:
    - Krak is worth 200+k, so not really rookie-priced and thus won't go up in price as much as a rookie would.
    - Krak is in the scarily deep Pies team, where he's got Dick, Davis bidding for his spot.
    - He's been subbed twice in a row now. So he seems to be used as the "super sub" (or we soccer fans call the "Solskjaer type") and thus not ideal for big points.

Thoughts?

17. JMac

JMac Member

I dropped Yarran last week in exchange for Tapscott. No regrets.

What helped me was the fact that the last 3 game average going into this season showed him at 42 (i think).
    Plus the DT Freako mentions he is inconsistant at best of times.

And when my fellow leaguesmen taunted me with Yarran's great score last week I just mentioned three letters GCS.

Having said all that, waiting a week to trade this season will most likely prove wise given the amazing spread of injuries already, they're going down like flies!

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from walesy on April 5, 2011, 00:30
    <blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on April 3, 2011, 21:13
    Yea good point.. At least I can give him another week or two to see if he will be inconsistent or not with Adelaide & Gold Coast rookies not increasing for 1 or 2 more weeks....</blockquote>

This- though if I didn't have Tapscott, I'd be moving heaven and earth to get him in- for all the love Curnow and Libba have been getting, one dominated against the Tiges and GCS, while the other performed well against the bombers and dominated the Lions.

Tapscott has performed against SC poison crew, Sydney and the cool tick of the Hawks. Plus, he's built like an absolute brick house. On top of that, his next three games are Lions, GCS and Eagles- with only one more cold tick in his first 11 games...</blockquote>

Yes im definantly thinking to go Tapscott over Liba.. DOnt want to sideways trade Matera, Darling or Richo for him though so that only leaves Yarran or Knights. Was more impressed with Knights form over Yarrans.... Not sure if i should pull the trigger this week and downgrade Yarran to Tapscott, This trade alone would leave me with &#36;500K in the bank.... Or i could just leave my team altogether.. GOD DAMN SUPERCOACH MESSING WITH MY MIND

19. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on April 5, 2011, 09:40
    You should never trade this early in the week. It should be at earliest Thursday night and Friday night is ideal.
    Yarran to Dawes I don't like the smell of. Not only is it sideways, its midpriced sideways, which is worse.
    Dawes has played against Port and North, not amazing backlines. Wait until he comes up against stingier teams. He's a KPF and will go up and down quite a bit. </blockquote>

if I could thumbs up a forum post, this would get a million of them.

20. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

@ walesy

I know I shouldn't have traded so early in the week, but unless Dawes has a season ending injury (fingers crossed he doesn't), I've got plenty of cover through MPP, Darling, Tapscott and McKernan to cover him for now. I guess I was happy to burn 1 trade to chase the cash and potential points. I think my team has some potential keepers and with 14 guns I might not need all my trades anyway. The way I see it (I know their in a different class, but hey they were young once too) N Roo, Buddy and J Brown are KPF's too, there scores may fluctuate but they're some of the first names in most SC squads. It all comes down to when you jump on, do you take the risk when they're mid priced (before thier price rises by some 70+k) or do you wait and burn your cow cash on them or do you wait and pay 500+k for them the following season when they are no longer a POD.

I am currently sitting at 3292 and don't think I'll get to number one, bragging rights in my league is the number one priority. However if I was to have a chance at overall surely I have to have the stones to have a go. If Dawes doesn't work totally, at least by the end of round 4 (scores permitting) I will have made 100+k on him and if I sold him and McKernan I could trade up to Chappy, fair enough it could cost 3 trades to get there but it would take alot longer to get there and still cost 2 trades if I had kept Yarran.

If Dawes works out I've got a keeper that can bring in big scores and cost me 1 trade and 64k, not that much really. Seeing as he generally plays as a high CHF like N Roo & Buddy he'll still get possessions, kick his 2 to 3 goals and bring in some points.

I think my biggest mistake was doing the trade on Monday, I kicked myself after doing it but it's done now, all thats left is to sit back and cheer on Dawes and the pies! Jeez, did I just say that :eek: