Congrats Walesy!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by spud, Feb 22, 2011.

1. spud

spud New Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/hot-tips-for-supercoach-success/story-e6frf9jf-1226009603248

<blockquote>In the first of a series of articles from the SuperCoach gurus at TooSerious.Net, Les Wales outlines the basics of the SuperCoach scoring and pricing system - vital to putting together a winning team.

</blockquote>

Great effort on a fantastic write up buddy. The exposure will be brilliant!

It will, however, mean an even tougher competition this year as our competitive advantage has been revealed!

:cool:

2. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Glad to see the HS finally let you get a piece up mate. It was me who spoke to you about it last year. I tried to convince them to give you a chance. Glad they finally did :)

3. guesswork

guesswork Member

Great work. I'm only a newbie (glad I was here before the article so I don't look like a bandwagon jumper!). This site WAS the best kept secret and a definite advantage thanks to you the folks here.

4. crew

crew New Member

Congrats bud looks like my cover is blown to my mates now lol. You deserve the article mate hope you reap the rewards.

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Great stuff mate. I guess the cats out of the bag now :D How many more articles are there going to be?

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from guesswork on February 22, 2011, 05:13
    Great work. I'm only a newbie (glad I was here before the article so I don't look like a bandwagon jumper!). This site WAS the best kept secret and a definite advantage thanks to you the folks here. </blockquote>

With an estimated quarter to a third of all Supercoaches using TS, we used to joke that TS was fantasy footballs worst kept secret. In that everyone was using it- but nobody was talking about it as it was just too big an advantage to. :)

Still, it's fantastic to have the opportunity to talk to an even bigger audience, though I can tell ya, would never have gotten this far without the community that's built up around this place. So I guess that means we lock ourselves in for an even bigger 2011- and who knows, maybe I'll have to use the banhammer more than once this year. (Really though, just once through all of last year! you guys are awesome! :D)

7. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

Killer Walesy. You deserve it. You know your footy and its obvious you know what the punters want or TS would have been dead ages ago. Cheers.

8. stowie

stowie Moderator

Congrats Walesy! Now to get you back on SEN to explain Break Evens to the Ox again :)

9. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Saw the article this morning-great work walesy definitely deserve it mate.

10. BigLance

BigLance New Member

Well done mate, all your hard work starting to pay off hopefully. Doing us tragics proud.

11. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

congrats walsey. Yeah it was the best kept secret amongst my mates. But after I destroyed almost all of the last year, I had to cave in and let them know about this place. They all love it.

12. Fez

Fez Moderator

Good to see it's also been tagged on the supercoach Facebook page

13. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Well done Walesy on all the good work. Also a pat on the back to Braydog who was involved in the very early stages.

14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Bray and I have no chance of repeating our run in 2008 again when we commented on the site and got top 15. I reckon Bray was too open and so was I in terms of revealing thoughts on who to trade etc.

But at least in those days only a few people knew the site, and basically they were the winners haha.

I think some changes to some articles we do this year will bring the leaders of the comp back (even if just as lurkers)

So Steve, I echo the sentiments. Well done Braydog. Hope to continue seeing you round these parts.

15. Hendy

Hendy Member

Top shelf work Walesy, I got messages from my mates rubbing in that my secret was now common knowledge!
    Ohh well I guess we should save the A-grade hints for the donor's forum.

16. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Well done Walesy - as someone who has been here for a while now it is great to see the site and the work of everyone here get the kudos they deserve.

17. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Hendy on February 22, 2011, 10:37
    Top shelf work Walesy, I got messages from my mates rubbing in that my secret was now common knowledge!
    Ohh well I guess we should save the A-grade hints for the donor's forum.
    </blockquote>

That can be arranged :D

18. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Oh the secrets that we discuss over in the Donor forum! So many game winning things!

19. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

I must say some of the tips I get in the donor forums are actually priceless ;)

20. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Where do I send the cheque Walesy.
    For 3 years I thought I had an advantage being here, now I guess I'm going to have to 'Do an Alice', and go down the rabbit hole further.

Great work again, Walesy and to all the Gang who write up and make this site what it is.