could swan be a sub?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crazyet, Apr 15, 2011.

1. crazyet

crazyet New Member

is there any chance that swan would be the 'sub' in tonights game?,(no injuries)
    obviously 'cap' choice.

2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I simply couldn't imagine Swan ever getting the green/red vest- at least not this early in the season, he needs to keep getting full games into his legs to keep his fitness base up.

3. crazyet

crazyet New Member

i hope thats the case. cheers.

4. WillS

WillS Member

Please o please could it happen?

I have a bottle of scotch riding on overall points against a guy I work with, and he just traded out Joel Selwood for Dane Swan (I even tried to talk him out of that one)

can just see it... Pies up by 60 at half time, Swan subbed for a rest. Hello Round 8 upgrade.

Seriously though, I doubt it very much.

5. Fez

Fez Moderator

Nochance in hell he will start as a sub but theres always the chance he could be subed at 3 qtr time still racking up a decent score

6. spud

spud New Member

It would make for an interesting dilema, however, if he was ever listed as the Sub before lockout.

Obviously you wouldn't have him captain, but would you still leave him on the field? If he was to be the player subbed off (rather than nominated as the actual sub), given MM appears to use the sub later than most, either at the end of the 3rd or even into the 4th, the Pies would likely have the game won already and so long as Swan was instrumental in setting up the win, there'd be no reason why he wouldn't score well.

I couldn't see him actually being the sub, but rather the player being subbed off in the 3rd/4th if the game was well and truly over and to give him a rest when it was his turn. I can't see MM ever brining him on in the 4th though.