Cox vs McEvoy

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TopHeavy, Jul 15, 2011.

1. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

It's time for me to cull Sandi after 16 weeks of pain. My other rucks are Jamar, Bailey, Petrie/Tippett. Reason I've delayed is West Coast had a bye, then it was the bye round. In doing so, Cox has dropped 20k. But it's not about that.

I am excluding Goldstein due to Norths bye, so I'm down to Cox and McEvoy. McEvoy is clearly the inform of the two, but West Coast have a better run home. Is McEvoy just a flash in the pan or the real deal and will the POD be a good idea by not having the norm?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

2. jibba

jibba Member

Why even bother thinking about the decision?

COX, without a doubt, he is averaging 120 for the season and is a proven champion ruck.

3. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Because although Cox has a better average for the season, McEvoy has an average of 139 and 136 for the past 3 and 5 games respectively, compared with 104 and 118 for Cox.

What do you Saints supporters think of McEvoy?

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

It all depends if Gardiner comes back or not. He is in red hot form at moment. This weeks selections is a good insight into what will probably happen rest of the year. McEvoy going it alone against best ruck combo in AFL. Means it probably wont change for rest of year.

McEvoy get alot of points due to his contested marking (where he is ranked #1 at the Saints) and his work around the ground.

But when push comes to shove and I had to choose between McEvoy & Cox id probably go Cox. Just because he is the experienced ruckman and has proved he can sustain that level over the years. Whereas will McEvoy tire??

5. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Cheers cob